453

453. Kaya's Breath (2)

Before the fall of Ortona, Greta was born into a commoner family in the capital Brindisi. Perhaps thanks to her diligent parents, her family was not very poor when she was young.

Thanks to this, instead of being forced to work from an early age like other children, she was able to find time to open a book. With just a little effort, she was talented enough to be selected as a scholarship student at the academy.

-Well done, Greta! As long as you graduate from the academy, you will definitely get a good job!

-My family will feel better now!

The day she entered the academy, leaving her happy parents behind, she met Prince Benicio and General Gael for the first time. The two people who will not only change her life but also the fate of the country in the future.

-You are the commoner who received the scholarship? Welcome to admission! I believe that you will become a strong person who will support Ortona in the future! So what is it like? Would you like to join our healthy group where we discuss day and night for the future of Ortona?

Prince Benicio, whose clear, dreamy eyes shine. and-

-Did you say Greta? There is no need to take the prince's words seriously yet. You're a freshman who just entered school, right? So, for now, it would be okay to focus on your studies and find a better group that will help you in the future.

-Wait a minute, Gael! Are you hindering the recruitment of new students now?

- But isn't it true? Even if the prince leaves him alone, this friend's future is bright and bright. Noble families will be competing to get you high wages, and even if you just become a palace administrator, you will be able to rise to a fairly high position.

A senior with thoughtful eyes and a greater presence than Prince Benicio.

-So, don't worry about the prince's flashy words and make the choice for yourself, Greta.

-Hey, hey! Gael! Are you really like this?

Gael Bertrand. From the day she met that person she admired, Greta's life became entirely for him.

I tried to follow the direction he was looking in and feel the passion he had. I wanted to become his hands and feet and follow his steps forever. Because her every action and every word seemed to her like a doctrine more sacred than the sermons of a priest or a priest.

In this way, Greta's life was caught up in a turbulent time. Her later years must have been easier thanks to her successful daughter. She lost her parents, who had such simple dreams, to the hands of the royalists, and yet she fulfilled her duties as a staff member of the republican faction until the last moment.

After a long time had passed, Greta often thought about this. Did he really care about the values ​​of the republican government at that time? Perhaps, in reality, he was just mesmerized by the brilliance of Gael Bertran, a rare hero who would bring a new wind to Ortona?

-Actually, it's okay if you don't become the spiritual leader of the republican faction. just... Help this friend get on with the rest of her life.

That day, as he left Prince Benicio and his party in the hands of the mercenaries, General Gael gave Greta his last words. The reason for secretly stealing Benicio, a key figure of the republican faction, was the excuse that he should become a leading spirit that would support the republican faction in the future.

However, it was not until the very end that the giant tree, which had been supporting the front line alone for a long time, finally revealed its serious feelings to her.