456

456. Kaya's Breath (5)

Pi-pi-ik-!

A small whistle spreads through the air.

It was a faint noise barely above the human hearing frequency, but it was a signal that at least close-range assassins could clearly detect.

The assassins who heard the sound all changed direction and began to flock. This had happened several times since before.

'shit... ... !'

Number 21 bit his lip. He hasn't even really dug in yet, but it's already like he's being cornered by them.

I was confident that it wasn't an 'Auror concealment' that would easily be detected, but who on earth is informing them of our location?

'Plus, there are more people than I thought. I should have taken into account that most of them were using Auror cloaking!'

It was a disaster. If we continue like this, rather than taking out all of them, we will be trapped in a siege and face a counterattack.

But at that time, the sound of a whistle was heard again right next to No. 21.

Pick - pick - pick!

The problem is that the person blowing the whistle is not the assassins, but the intruder himself.

'omg!'

Number 21 was scared and snatched the whistle from Prince Mores.

'What on earth is this?! Are you going to tell them our location out loud?'

Why do you always find yourself searching through the arms of dead assassins? If I had known he was going to blow his whistle like this, I would have stopped him a long time ago!

'are you okay.'

However, the prince who actually had the accident had a carefree face.

'I roughly analyzed the signals they exchanged, and it doesn't seem like their encryption system is that complicated. For example, I think it starts with the direction, but it's roughly like 'Follow me'.

'Oh, put it away!'

Number 21 got angry at the prince who suddenly hummed a strange rhythm in an urgent situation.

'You're not telling me nonsense that you figured out their encryption system by just listening to a few signals, right?'

In the history of political strife, which has resulted in countless clashes between assassination groups, why was there no attempt to figure out the other side's code first?

No. 21 also received detailed training in [Oberon's Hand] about the development process of codes and how to decipher them.

However, no matter how simple the structure is, it is mathematically impossible to understand the entire and ever-changing encryption system with only some regularities.

'That's true, but... ... .'

However, Prince Mores still confidently turns to the center of the village. He didn't seem to worry that his actions were wrong.

'At least I can remember exactly when, where, and what signal they sent.'

'... I beg your pardon?'

'It means that you can reproduce signals you have already heard in the same way. Just wait and see. 'Because soon there will be trouble among them.'

'... ... ?'

Number 21 was in doubt, but after a while something really strange happened. As if they had made an appointment, the assassins who had been flocking this way changed direction and began to gather near the entrance to the village!