423

423. Transaction (1)

The carriage that Seongjin and his party rode ran non-stop since dawn, reaching a ruined village around noon. Perhaps this is the 'Verdron' mentioned by the coachmen.

"... "It doesn't seem like a properly inhabited place."

Masain said with concern as he looked at the desolate village landscape.

There were certainly no buildings left intact in the surrounding area. Broken bricks are piled up on roofless houses, and broken oak barrels are rolling around on weedy roads.

Only the vast scale of the ruins gives us an idea of ​​the prosperity and glory this place once had.

"Imperial people don't know. The alcohol made in this town was so amazing... ... ."

The coachman, who had remained silent until now, exhaled a puff of tobacco smoke and muttered.

The wagon she drove ran through the ruins and finally stopped in front of a large barn. Fortunately, it was the only building in the village that still had what could be called a roof.

Creak.

When I opened the crumbling door and went inside, I saw an elderly man standing under the sunlight that was barely seeping through the sparse roof.

"It is truly an honor that a precious person personally uses the Jayu Underpass."

A polite greeting with a sociable smile.

Seongjin could sense that he was the one who ordered this entire journey. Just by looking at it, I felt like I could eat it anywhere.

Looking at his graying hair, the long scar across his cheek, and his rough, wrinkled skin, I thought he had gone through some pretty tough times.

Nevertheless, he had a somewhat light atmosphere that contrasted with his appearance. Although his clothes were neat, he looked free-spirited, and his bright eyes sparkled with a cheerful spirit that did not suit his age.

And he introduced himself to Seongjin and his group as the 'general manager of the Freedom Underpass' and the 'head of the Blue Republican Revolutionary Front.'

"My name is Giovanni. "It's nice to meet you here."

alias.

Seongjin, who somehow had this thought, looked for signs of assassins lurking around him without much response.

'Four, five... No, six in total?'

An unfamiliar sign of 'Auror Concealment' surrounding the barn.

Dasha doesn't even make a faint trace, as if she doesn't even dare to come near her.

"Lowering... ... ."

With the assassins concentrated in one place, Owen and Martha could not have been unaware of their presence. The two people stood next to Seongjin, very nervous.

"I guess the atmosphere is a bit strange. What are you going to do now? new... Mores."

After briefly giving a glance to Owen, who was whispering as if he was anxious, Seongjin looked at Giovanni, who had a quite relaxed attitude.

'With this level of preparation, did you expect that you would be able to protect yourself enough in case of an emergency?'

Unfortunately, he made the mistake of not taking Seongjin's power into account. Of course, if the conversation ends well, you will never realize your mistake.

"General manager? stripe? "You?"

Seongjin, who did not feel any need for introduction, asked Giovanni.