405

405. Head Tower (3)

Romain trudged back to the cave he had used as a temporary staging area.

Originally, while I was there to collect information, I was planning on putting on a puppet show or something on the streets of Bertrand.

But amid the wave of gorgeous 'fairies', I couldn't bring myself to take out my old dolls. It felt like it was clearly showing the gap between himself and his current success.

As he entered the cave helplessly, [Pajong], who was rolling around on the floor, turned to him and asked.

"What are they all, doll?"

Romain inadvertently looked at the age spots covering the old man's face.

Although it may have been a hasty measure, it was a temporary body. The old man's body was rapidly deteriorating after becoming the devil's vessel.

'I'll have to prepare a new bowl soon.'

With that in mind, Romaine politely responded to the high-ranking demon king who was spread out on the floor without any hesitation.

"These are my poor dolls, Lord of Disease. "Didn't you see repairs being done here every day?"

"Well, I saw it. "As you said, they were so unsightly that I had no idea that those rags could actually be called 'dolls.'"

At his harsh evaluation, Romain once again looked down at his hand puppets.

"... ... ."

Even from a subjective perspective, his dolls were not in very good condition.

It is already difficult to recognize the original color due to hand stains here and there, and here and there there are also marks of poor sewing skills.

The Fire Demon Lord doll, which was originally supposed to be red, is now completely indistinguishable from the gray warrior doll. If this were the case, even if the puppet show had been performed, it would have been difficult to see any meaningful results.

The [form] that should be the basis of the flame has collapsed to this extent, so no matter how much you charm people with the power of your voice, there will inevitably be limits to building a barrier to the flame.

"It's tattered. It looks like the dolls were aimed at a specific target. Could it be that they were damaged by the [rebound] of the curse?"

Surprisingly, the high-ranking demon king's sharp eyes immediately recognized traces of the unnatural power that had damaged the tattered dolls.

"It looks like they were trying to strike a curse-filled flame barrier against a target that was no match for them. Doll. "Who on earth were you trying to harm with those clumsy tools?"

"... ... ."

Several months ago, the presence of the Holy Emperor protecting the Imperial Capital temporarily weakened.

At that time, Romain did not miss the opportunity and attempted to find the busiest street in the imperial capital and deploy a proper [Flame Barrier]. He intended to deal a fatal blow to his archenemy.

However, if you try to attack a living, arousing opponent with flame images, there will naturally be a [reaction] against him.

The dolls that were unable to completely suffocate the enemy began to be damaged by the recoil. Even though it wasn't played a few times, it was ruined so badly, as if it had been hit head-on by hundreds of years.

'Still, there is one thing I have learned for sure. 'The fact that both the hero and the fire demon lord and the two dolls reacted means that they still exist in this world just fine.'