Chapter 282. Strategem And Red Lights

" Are you starting to understand where you all stand?"

He continued to talk as we stared at his sword. It was sickening to look at. The blade looked like it was a weapon forged in the festering wound of a great tree. The feeling it gave was similar to viewing a rotting corpse... Something about it just screamed that it was something unnatural to this world.

" Everyone! Ret-"

/THOOM!/

" Retreat where, Scum?

He teleported behind me...

"!!!"

I turned and saw that he was winding his arm to swing his blade.

/WOOSH!/

Before he could swing down with his arm, a whirling tempest formed between us and made me fly backwards. Lady Diana just saved my life or at least that's what my instincts tell me. Regardless I'm thankful for the help either way. I was thrown by the wind into count Sark's arms, if not for the suddenness of his speed and Lady Diana's reaction to save me, I'd think she planned something like this.

" Whoosh!"

" What bothersome tripe."

/SHING! RUMBLE! SWOOSH!/

It seems Lady Kina attacked the God Of The Blackwoods with another fireball, only this time he cut the fireball that came near him. The power of the swing caused a gust of wind to form under it. Whether it was the wind or the strength of our opponent, the swing of the blade caused a deep cut into the ground, it was so deep that I couldn't actually see the bottom of it.

" Yes, that's more like it. Those fireballs were such a nuisance, like gnats continuing to fly overhead, you can't help but want to swat them."

He looked over the area he had cut into with a look of pride in his eyes.

" What a monster."

Count Gorse spoke his words in frustration at the God. His words held the opinion of pretty much everyone here. And now I needed to find a way to beat him. My mana isn't extensive, I've used some of my mana with my spells, but I'm still sitting at around the same amount of mana I had before the fight started. Paladin's Recovery is no joke. The only issue is... I don't think I have enough to battle this monster in front of me... No... He had armor and a sword now; I suppose he's some kind of a warrior, isn't he? Regardless, I need to find a way through this... But how?

" Matthew, we need a plan."

" I know. I'm still trying to figure something out Alice. You wouldn't happen to have any ideas, would you?"

" Well... I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work..."

" I'm all ears honestly."

Princess Alice whispered a question to me and seemed to have even cooked up a plan in her mind. In someways, I'm sure more experienced warriors would take issue with me being more than happy to use a strategy from Princess Alice, considering she's younger than me or some other idiotic reason, but she's more experienced than me when it comes to war and the like, so I have no real issue taking her ideas so we can win this fight.

" I have a few skills related to ambushing an opponent, he's becoming more and more obsessed with you for some reason, we can use that, I think I'll sneak away for the time being while you, Count Sark and Count Gorse distract him. I'll attack him when the opening comes, I'll strike that sword out of his hands with my strongest attack skill with this blade that still has some of Sarah's mana in it."

" Sounds good to me. How about you, Phillip? Count Gorse?"

" I'm for anything right now, but it's a bit strange to call him by name and not me. Don't you think, Phil?"