Chapter 307. Walking Back

" Open the gates!"

Byron called to the guards that were left to guard the gates for the Southern entrance to Zana. The battle had caused us all to fight on the southern plains right outside of Zana, so we decided to keep a fair bit of people behind the walls as well as adding some of the people who wanted to fight the God to protect the walls of Zana while we fought. Now that it was all over, the small force we were able to gather had been sitting outside of the walls waiting for their leaders to return. After confirming to them that the battle was over and commanding them to begin to collect the dead for their funerals, we began walking back into the city. To exactly where, I wasn't too sure, I mean, the mansion was gone, so I'd imagine Byron and Lady Cindy were out of a home. And with that, all of us from Paradise were out of lodging as well.

/Click! RUMBLE!/

A large metal gate began to rise in front of us and I could see a sea of Demons all staring at us as it rose. I guess we're going to have to give the same speech we gave to the soldiers.

" Should we give them the same report as the soldiers?"

Princess Alice looked to me for an answer. I was surprised that she did, since she's been quite quiet since Anna and Sarah were whispering to her before. I looked at her and just told her what I was thinking.

" I think that'll be what they want to know. Either that or where Count Fracks is. I'm still trying to figure out that last part."

Just as I was putting the pieces back together, Byron spoke to the crowd of Demons.

" My father has died. We were able to beat the enemy, he's gone, I understand that this night was an ordeal, as the acting Lord of Zana, I announce that we all have the day off. The only thing I've asked is that we prepare our dead for their funerals, besides that, take the day to grieve, tomorrow and the next day as well if you need. But I want you all to know, we're safe now, mostly due to the brave men and women who helped protect our town. I cannot begin to thank them enough."

Bryron more or less explained the situation, he's left out some of the important bits, but frankly, it's not my place to tell the town about his father's crimes, I assume he'll reach out to the families of the victims in time. I'll ask the specifics later. The crowd of people seemed to accept the answer that Byron gave them, and they split down the middle in order for us to continue walking to our destination. Where that was continued to be a mystery to me. Regardless, we kept walking.

" Do you want to stop at our house before you guys make it to the townhouse?"

Victor asked me a question, but I had no idea what he was talking about.

" Townhouse?"

I repeat the word back to him, it seemed to dawn on him that I had no idea what he was talking about, Patrick stepped forward intent on answering my question.

" The Fracks family originally weren't a Noble family, they lived in a decent sized townhouse in Zana while they were commoners, through the years they worked themselves up to being Counts, as you know. We're currently on our way there, it'll most likely serve as the new home for the Fracks children until the mansion is rebuilt."

" I see. That answers where we're going."

" What?"

Anna heard me and didn't understand what I said. This also drew attention from Sarah and Princess Alice. I quickly spoke to them.

" I found out where we were going from Victor and Patrick. Long story short, the Fracks have a townhouse that they owned a long time ago. Seems that's where we're going. No idea if that means we're staying there though."