Chapter 290. The Beginning Of The Next Round

Sarah Ericsson's Point Of View

" Anna, can you heal him?"

" Of course!"

" Okay!"

/Chu! BING!/

" !!!"

/BANG!/

After Anna confirmed she had enough mana to heal John up, I jumped at the chance to refresh myself. I kissed John because of my Job, Love Warrior. Out of the first 3 abilities that I unlocked the first one that was announced to me was called Love Charge. The window's explanation was as follows.

________________________________________________________________________________

Love Charge

The very first ability of a Love Warrior! By sharing " intimate" relations with the one you love, you can increase your status for a time! The more intense the relations, the more of a boost you'll receive! To see how long the effect will last, simply say the spell's name and the amount of time left will be known!

________________________________________________________________________________

Even with the explanation it failed to explain that depending on how strong of an attack I use, it would actually drain my timer an equal amount. Thankfully, it hasn't been too much of an issue since John is so giving towards Anna and I, the timer I had was already around 6 hours long when this whole event started, unfortunately my timer has shrunk to a little less than half an hour. Now with that kiss, I've brought the timer back to 30 minutes even. And it looks like I'm going to need it since I'll be fighting a God by myself while Anna heals John. With everything prepared for me, I launch myself and attack the enemy who made John so tired that he fainted when we arrived. My jump only lasts a few seconds and then I land in front of him. The person who nearly killed me, nearly killed us and all I could think about was how I was going to make him pay.

" Well, look at you. Don't you seem so confident? Don't you recall what happened before, girl?"

He talks, I don't listen.

/BAM! CLANG!/

I explode forward with great speed and land a solid strike into the God's stomach with my halberd. I don't send him flying, I want to crack what's left of his armor. I notice that they were able to crack his armor, if I had to guess it took something great to do it. Just from striking the armor I could tell that it was tough to break.

"!!!"

I jump back, away from the sword strike that the God tried to catch me with.

" Yes, jump back. You think just because I've been fighting those ants, that means that you can just show up and defeat me? I've barely broken a sweat, girl."

He speaks again, I don't care, I just need to end this quickly so I can get back to John. His armor, it's annoying. I'm going to fix that with my next swing. I feel that familiar feeling of rage starting to grow from my chest, I remember John's face which helps calm me down. My mana is still around half full, I should be able to let loose a bit without losing all of it. I could feel the smile forming on my face as I thought about where to strike my enemy with my halberd.

" What reason do you have to smile?"

Again, he speaks, I just shift my feet to launch myself at him.

/BAM! CLANG!/

He's definitely slowed down since the last time we fought. Before I couldn't catch him no matter how hard I tried, now my blade is making contact without much of an issue. This must be due to John and the Counts dragging the fight out and tiring him out. This was great for me, as long as I don't fall into a rage again, I should be able to win against this guy... Maybe I shouldn't spend this much time focused on thinking? But my enemy is currently flying backwards from how hard I hit his chest with my halberd. I guess I should give chase. But I don't want to hear him speak... I guess I'll pick up the pace slightly.