Chapter 192. Alice's Explanation

Alice Mars's Point Of View

" Hey!"

/BANG!/

That idiot! I was taken through the portal by Marquess Jo... Matthew? Yes, Matthew... For now. He brought me through this portal and then, as soon as it closed, he fell forward and hit the ground.

" Zzzz."

Great, he's snoring. His mana exhaustion actually affected him that quickly? How much mana did he use? 

" Matthew!"

I hear 2 screams from in front of me. I looked up to find a tall, red-skinned Demon and what looks like a blonde Human girl... What's with her chest!? No, wait don't get distracted right now, Alice!

" Who are you!?"

The Demon aggressively asked me to identify myself. I place my luggage on the ground and raise my hands to show I'm not a threat.

" My name is Alice Mars, I'm the 4th Princess of Bestia. Can you call for Sarah Dreadnaught? She knows who I am and can confirm my identity."

The Demon began to mull over my words. I remembered the letter that Marquess Matthew had wrote before we left. I pulled it out of my breasts and began to show it to the Demon and Human.

" Marquess Matthew wrote this letter for me to hand to someone."

With caution, the red-skinned Demon reached for the letter and handed it to the Human. We both waited patiently for the Human to finish reading the letter. The Demon continued to glare at me as she waited for the Human to finish her reading. With a sigh, the Human girl began to speak.

" Ruby, I'll go fetch Sarah and Anna, watch over them until I return, okay?"

" Alright Emily, they should be in the training yard still."

With that, the Human girl left the room, and I was stuck with this aggressive Demon watching me. I decided to pick up Marquess Matthew and place him on the sofa in the room, better there than the floor, I thought. Once I placed him on his back on the sofa, the red-skinned Demon spoke to me again.

" Be more careful when you put him down, you almost smashed his head on the arm rest!"

" Sorry, I'm not really used to doing something like this."

I honestly apologized when she corrected me. I didn't even notice that it almost happened. Also, I noticed that he seemed to be having a very stressful dream. It must be a nightmare. I'd wake him up if I could, but I think it might be best saved for Big Sis Sarah to do it. I looked at the Demon again.

" Your name is Ruby, right?"

The Demon nodded her head to my question. She doesn't seem to be very talkative...

" Are you one of the 5000 Demons that followed Marquess Matthew here to Paradise?"

" No, I'm from the Flameskin family. We're 1 of the 2 last great families of Paradise."

" Ah, I've met Garnet Flameskin!"

" You've met my Mother? Where?"

" During a training exercise between the Diablos Royal Army and the Bestia Royal Army! So, you're that Ruby!"

" That Ruby?"

It seems the mention of Garnet finally got a reaction out of Ruby.

" Yes, Garnet used to tell me stories during our meals at the mess hall. The way she told it... I always thought you were younger than me."