Behind closed doors || Ladybug [Miraculous]

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was used to handling challenges—both as a regular student and as the superhero Ladybug

Marinette Dupain-Cheng was used to handling challenges—both as a regular student and as the superhero Ladybug. But nothing could have prepared her for the situation that was about to unfold. It all started when a new student, Y/n, joined her class at Collège Françoise Dupont.

Y/n was quiet and kept to herself. She sat at the back of the classroom, her eyes often downcast. Marinette noticed the way Y/n seemed to flinch at loud noises or sudden movements, how she always wore long sleeves, even when the weather was warm. It wasn't long before the signs became too obvious to ignore.

One day, during lunch, Marinette mustered the courage to sit next to Y/n. "Hey, mind if I join you?" she asked with a warm smile.

Y/n looked up, startled, but nodded. "Sure... I don't mind."

As they talked, Marinette noticed how guarded Y/n was. Every question she asked was met with vague answers, and Y/n's gaze frequently darted around the room, as if she was afraid someone might be watching. Marinette's concern grew, but she didn't want to push too hard too soon.

Over the next few weeks, Marinette made an effort to include Y/n in conversations with the group, hoping to make her feel more comfortable. But despite their growing friendship, Y/n remained distant, her smiles never quite reaching her eyes.

One afternoon, as they were leaving school, Marinette noticed a bruise peeking out from under Y/n's sleeve when she reached into her bag. "Y/n... what happened to your arm?" Marinette asked gently.

Y/n quickly pulled her sleeve down, her face flushing with embarrassment. "Oh, it's nothing. I just... I fell. I'm clumsy like that."

But Marinette didn't believe her. The bruise was too dark, too telling. She had seen similar marks before on people she had helped as Ladybug. The suspicion gnawed at her, but she knew she couldn't confront Y/n directly without risking pushing her away.

That night, Marinette couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned, thinking about Y/n. As Ladybug, she had faced countless villains, but this was different. This was a real-life monster, hiding in plain sight, hurting someone she cared about. She couldn't just stand by and do nothing.

The next day at school, Marinette continued to observe Y/n more closely. She noticed how Y/n would tense up whenever she received a text message, her fingers trembling as she typed out responses. Marinette's heart ached for her, knowing that something terrible was happening behind the scenes.

Finally, unable to bear it any longer, Marinette decided to follow Y/n after school. She knew it was risky, but she had to know the truth. She transformed into Ladybug and trailed Y/n from a distance, careful to stay out of sight.

Y/n walked through the city with her head down, shoulders hunched. Ladybug followed her to a quiet neighborhood, where Y/n entered a small, run-down house. Ladybug perched on a nearby rooftop, watching as Y/n's silhouette disappeared inside.

Moments later, Ladybug heard shouting from inside the house. A man's voice, harsh and angry, reverberated through the walls. Y/n's voice followed, soft and pleading. Ladybug's blood ran cold. She couldn't just stand by and listen.

In a flash, she swung down to the front door, her heart pounding. She hesitated for a moment, knowing that she was about to cross a line, but she couldn't leave Y/n alone in there. She knocked on the door, her hands trembling slightly.

The shouting stopped abruptly, and after a tense moment, the door creaked open. A tall, imposing man stood in the doorway, his expression sour. "What do you want?" he barked, glaring at her.

Ladybug forced a smile. "Good evening, sir. I'm sorry to bother you, but I was passing by and thought I heard some noise. Is everything okay?"

The man's eyes narrowed, suspicion flashing across his face. "Everything's fine. Just a family discussion. Now get lost."

Before Ladybug could respond, she saw Y/n standing behind the man, her face pale and her eyes filled with fear. The sight of her like that made Ladybug's resolve harden. "Actually," Ladybug said, her tone firming, "I'd like to talk to Y/n, if that's alright."

The man's expression darkened. "I said get lost!" he snapped, slamming the door in her face.

Ladybug's heart sank. She had seen enough to know that Y/n was in danger. She clenched her fists, wishing she could do something more. But breaking down the door wasn't an option—at least not yet.

That night, Ladybug patrolled the area, waiting until the house went quiet. Once she was sure it was safe, she used her yo-yo to enter Y/n's room through the window. Y/n was sitting on her bed, tears streaming down her face.

"Y/n," Ladybug whispered as she approached her, "I'm here to help you."

Y/n looked up, startled, her eyes widening in shock. "Ladybug? What are you doing here?"

"I followed you home," Ladybug admitted softly. "I know what's happening, Y/n. You don't have to face this alone."

Y/n's shoulders shook as she sobbed quietly. "He's... he's my stepfather. He's been like this for years. My mom... she tries to protect me, but she's too scared to leave. I don't know what to do."

Ladybug knelt beside her, taking Y/n's hand in hers. "You're not alone anymore, Y/n. I'll do everything I can to keep you safe. But I need you to be brave. Can you do that for me?"

Y/n hesitated, then nodded, wiping her tears. "I don't want to be scared anymore."

Ladybug squeezed her hand gently. "You won't be. I promise."

Over the next few days, Ladybug worked tirelessly to help Y/n. She connected her with a support network and arranged for her to speak to authorities who could intervene. She made sure that Y/n's stepfather was watched closely, preventing him from causing any more harm.

As Marinette, she continued to be there for Y/n at school, offering her a shoulder to lean on. Their friendship deepened, and Marinette's admiration for Y/n's strength grew. Despite the trauma she had endured, Y/n began to reclaim her life, bit by bit.

One afternoon, Y/n pulled Marinette aside after class. "I just wanted to say thank you," Y/n said, her voice trembling with emotion. "You've been there for me more than anyone ever has."

Marinette smiled warmly. "You don't have to thank me, Y/n. I'm just glad you're safe."

Y/n's eyes softened as she looked at Marinette, a shy smile tugging at her lips. "You know, Marinette, I've never met anyone as kind and brave as you. I don't know what I would have done without you."

Marinette felt her heart skip a beat, warmth spreading through her chest. "You're the brave one, Y/n. You're the one who faced all of this and found the strength to keep going."

As the weeks passed, Y/n began to heal. The bruises on her body faded, and the light slowly returned to her eyes. Marinette and Y/n's bond grew stronger, and their friendship blossomed into something deeper. It wasn't long before Marinette realized that her feelings for Y/n were more than just friendship.

One evening, as they sat together on a park bench, watching the sunset, Y/n leaned her head on Marinette's shoulder. "I never thought I'd feel happy again," Y/n whispered. "But with you, Marinette, I feel safe."

Marinette's heart swelled with emotion. She gently took Y/n's hand in hers, intertwining their fingers. "You deserve to be happy, Y/n. You deserve all the love and safety in the world."

Y/n looked up at her, their eyes meeting, and in that moment, Marinette knew that she had fallen in love. It was a love born out of darkness, but it was strong, resilient, and filled with hope.

Together, Marinette and Y/n faced the world, knowing that no matter what challenges came their way, they would always have each other. And as Ladybug, Marinette continued to protect Paris, knowing that her greatest battle had been fought not against a supervillain, but for the heart of a girl she had come to love.