Give up acting || Anxiety [Inside out 2]

Y/n sat on the edge of the bed, her fingers nervously twisting the fabric of her shirt

Y/n sat on the edge of the bed, her fingers nervously twisting the fabric of her shirt. Anxiety, her girlfriend, watched her closely, sensing that something heavy was hanging in the air. 

"I need to tell you something," Y/n began, her voice barely above a whisper. She looked up into Anxiety's eyes, which were always so sharp, yet somehow tender when it came to Y/n. "I quit being an actress. I'm done."

Anxiety blinked, her face unreadable for a moment, then she crossed her arms. "Okay... you wanna tell me why? You've been working so hard for this."

Y/n let out a sigh, her shoulders slumping as the weight of her decision settled over her. "I know, but the more time I spent in that studio inside Riley's mind, where dreams are supposed to come true, the more I realized... I wasn't sure if I was moving closer to myself or further away. It's like—" She hesitated, searching for the right words. "Something inside me kept saying that I was getting further away from who I really am. That something about this industry wasn't healthy for me."

Anxiety uncrossed her arms, a softer look crossing her face. She moved closer to Y/n, sitting beside her on the bed. "What was it? What didn't feel right?"

"It's hard to explain," Y/n said, running a hand through her hair. "At first, it was the excitement—the lights, the sets, the feeling that I was creating something meaningful. But then, it started to feel... hollow. Like I was playing roles that weren't mine, living someone else's dreams instead of my own. Every day, it felt like I was losing pieces of myself, and I couldn't shake this feeling that it was all wrong for me."

Anxiety nodded, her gaze intense. "That's heavy. I get why you feel that way. So, what now?"

"I'm not sure yet," Y/n admitted. "But I know I need to find something that brings me closer to who I am, something real. Not just this fantasy of what my life should look like. I thought acting would make me feel alive, but instead, it drained me."

Anxiety placed a hand on Y/n's, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I'm proud of you for recognizing that. It's not easy to walk away from something like that—especially something you've worked so hard for. But you know I've got your back, right? We'll figure out what's next together."

Y/n smiled, a small wave of relief washing over her. "Thank you. I just needed to know that I wasn't crazy for feeling this way."

"You're not crazy," Anxiety said softly. "You're just figuring things out, and that's okay. Sometimes we have to let go of the things we thought we wanted to make space for what we really need."

Y/n leaned into Anxiety, resting her head on her shoulder. "I love you, you know that?"

Anxiety chuckled, wrapping her arm around Y/n. "Yeah, I know. And I love you too. We'll get through this together, okay?"

"Okay," Y/n whispered, feeling a sense of peace for the first time in a long while.