Know who you are || Matangi [Moana 2]

In the epic encounter between Y/n and Matangi, Y/n stands resolute against the mysterious and commanding figure, Matangi, who emerges from a swirling storm of bats

In the epic encounter between Y/n and Matangi, Y/n stands resolute against the mysterious and commanding figure, Matangi, who emerges from a swirling storm of bats. Matangi's form blends seamlessly with the creatures surrounding her, as if she is both part of them and their leader. Her dark-colored dress, accentuated by an orange feathered collar and a flowing cape, commands attention. Her yellow and orange hairpiece glimmers in the dim light, casting an eerie aura as she speaks, her voice full of malice: 

"You will be destroyed... and your Wayfinder, too."

Matangi's bats dart and swoop around Y/n, creating a sense of dread as they close in. But Y/n, clutching her Wayfinder and standing firm, refuses to be intimidated. As Matangi spreads her arms wide, commanding the bats to attack, Y/n realizes something crucial: the bats are not just followers; they are part of Matangi's very essence. Every motion she makes is mirrored by the swirling mass of creatures, and Y/n understands that Matangi's power is tied to their existence.

Y/n closes her eyes, focusing on the deep connection between Matangi and the natural world around them. She feels the ancient energy that Matangi draws from, but Y/n knows something Matangi doesn't: the Wayfinder, a symbol of navigation and wisdom, holds the key to dissolving Matangi's control over the bats.

As Matangi's attack grows fiercer, Y/n raises the Wayfinder high, its light glowing brighter as it connects with the energy of the surrounding environment. The bats falter in their attack, confused by the sudden shift in power. Matangi's eyes narrow, sensing something is wrong, but it's too late. Y/n steps forward, her voice calm and steady.

"You don't need to destroy everything to prove your power, Matangi. This path only leads to ruin—for you and for the world you're trying to control."

Matangi's gaze flickers, uncertainty breaking through her menacing demeanor. For a moment, she hesitates. In that instant, Y/n thrusts the Wayfinder into the air, releasing a wave of light that pulses through the bats. The creatures scatter, disoriented, and Matangi lets out a fierce cry as the connection between her and the bats weakens.

"You control them, but they're not yours to destroy," Y/n says, stepping even closer. The bats, now freed from Matangi's influence, begin to fly away, dissipating into the sky like dark clouds being swept aside by the wind.

As Matangi stumbles, her cloak of bats dissolving, Y/n approaches her. The light from the Wayfinder reflects in Matangi's eyes as she gazes at Y/n, her once-commanding presence now fragile and vulnerable. Y/n reaches out, offering her hand.

"You can choose a different path, Matangi. One where destruction isn't your only option."

Matangi, exhausted and drained from the loss of her power, stares at Y/n in disbelief. Her grip on her dark magic weakens, and with a final look at the disappearing bats, she lowers her gaze, defeated but not destroyed.

Y/n, still holding the Wayfinder, helps Matangi to her feet. The battle is over, not with violence, but with compassion and understanding. Y/n's victory was not just in defeating a powerful foe, but in showing her a new way forward, one without destruction.

Together, they stand under the now-clear sky, the bats long gone, leaving a sense of peace in their wake.