Shitty father || Mammon [Helluva boss]

Y/n sat on her bed, her phone glowing in her hands as she texted her girlfriend, smiling at the playful banter they were exchanging

Y/n sat on her bed, her phone glowing in her hands as she texted her girlfriend, smiling at the playful banter they were exchanging. It had been a wild night yesterday, full of chaos and fun at one of Beelzebub's infamous parties. The music, the lights, and the carefree atmosphere had been the perfect escape. Now, she was winding down, still buzzing with energy, even if the night was a blur.

Girlfriend: "You totally ditched me, didn't you? 😏"

Y/n: "I would never! Just got caught up in the madness. You know how Bee's parties get."

Girlfriend: "Next time, we're sneaking off for some alone time, no distractions."

Y/n laughed, typing a teasing reply when the door to her room flew open. Standing in the doorway was her father, Mammon, the embodiment of greed, looking as displeased as ever. His imposing figure filled the room, and Y/n could already tell this wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Y/n?"** Mammon's voice boomed, irritation dripping from every word. "I've got half a mind to take that phone of yours and crush it if you're going to keep sneaking around like this."

Y/n sighed, slipping her phone under her pillow. "What now, Dad? You're always on my case."*l

Mammon crossed his arms, glaring at her. "You know damn well what I'm talking about. You think I don't know you were out all night? And don't try to lie—don't you dare. I know you weren't at your girlfriend's house either."

Her eyes widened. She hadn't thought he'd catch on so soon. "I wasn't doing anything wrong," Y/n said defensively. "I was just at Beelzebub's party, that's all. I didn't even drink that much."

Mammon's expression darkened. "You think I care about the party? It's not about that. It's about the fact that you're my daughter, and you're out past midnight doing God knows what." He sneered. "And don't even start on your girlfriend. I know where you've been sneaking off to, and don't think for a second that I'm okay with it."

Y/n clenched her fists, standing up from the bed. "I'm not a kid anymore, Dad! I don't need you controlling every second of my life. And what does it even matter to you what I'm doing? It's not like you ever cared about anyone but yourself."

Mammon's eyes flashed with anger. "Watch your tone, girl. I might let a lot slide, but disrespect isn't one of them." He took a step closer, his presence suffocating. "And as for your girlfriend, you're not spending the night over there anymore, especially not for..." he hesitated, his lips curling in disgust, "...those reasons."

Y/n couldn't help but scoff. "You're seriously going to lecture me about standards? You, of all people? I'm not some pawn for you to profit off of, Dad. I'm my own person. And for your information, I wasn't even with her last night. I was just having fun with my friends."

Mammon's face twitched in frustration, clearly unused to being challenged like this. "Be that as it may, I don't care if you were at Beelzebub's party or with your girlfriend. The point is, you think you can do whatever you want without consequences. You're still my daughter, and as long as you're under my roof, there are rules. You'll be back home by midnight from now on. No exceptions."

Y/n's eyes narrowed. "Your rules are ridiculous. It's not like you're some responsible role model. You only care about me when it benefits you. So why should I listen to you now?"

Mammon let out a low growl, clearly on edge. "I care because you're my blood, Y/n. That might not mean much to you, but it means something to me. And as for your girlfriend... I don't want to hear about you spending the night over there again. Understand?"

Y/n felt a surge of defiance rise up in her chest. She wouldn't let him control her like this. "I'll spend time with her whenever I want. You don't get to tell me who I can or can't be with."

Mammon stared at her, his jaw clenched. For a moment, neither of them spoke, the tension thick between them. Then, finally, Mammon let out a heavy breath, shaking his head.

"You're going to get yourself into trouble, Y/n. I can see it already. And when that happens, don't expect me to be there to bail you out. You want to live your life like this? Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

Y/n crossed her arms, not backing down. "I'll take care of myself. I always have."

With that, Mammon turned and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Y/n let out a long, shaky breath, sinking back onto her bed. Her heart was still pounding in her chest from the argument, and she reached for her phone again, needing some comfort.

Her girlfriend's messages were waiting for her.

Girlfriend: "You okay? You've been quiet for a while."

Y/n smiled faintly, typing back a quick reply.

Y/n: "Yeah, just had a run-in with my dad. Typical Mammon drama."

Girlfriend: "Do you want to talk about it?"

Y/n: "Later, maybe. I just need to clear my head."

She tossed her phone onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Mammon had always been controlling, always trying to dictate her life, but this was different. She wasn't a little girl anymore, and she wouldn't let him stand in the way of her happiness.

If Mammon wanted a fight, she'd give him one.