Obsessed || Peter [Spiderman: homecoming]

Y/n sat at the far end of the cafeteria, her sketchbook open, lazily tracing the edges of a doodle while her eyes occasionally flickered to Peter Parker across the room

Y/n sat at the far end of the cafeteria, her sketchbook open, lazily tracing the edges of a doodle while her eyes occasionally flickered to Peter Parker across the room. He sat with Ned, hunched over something that was probably too important to ignore, judging by the way he was whispering and making quick glances around the room. Y/n couldn't help but notice Peter's strange behavior lately — the last-minute disappearances, the nervous energy, and those days when he came to school with bruises or tired eyes.

Ned was laughing now, nudging Peter, but Y/n wasn't fooled. Something was definitely up.

"Hey, you good?" one of her friends asked, catching her zoning out. "You've been staring at Parker for, like, five minutes straight. You obsessed with him or something?"

Y/n blinked, snapping her attention back to her friends at the table. She could feel the heat rise to her cheeks, but instead of admitting anything, she shrugged nonchalantly, smirking a little as she looked back down at her sketchbook. "I'm not obsessed with him," she said, her tone casual but just a little playful. "I'm just very observant."

Her friends exchanged knowing looks, but Y/n ignored them, doodling aimlessly while her mind stayed focused on Peter. It wasn't like she had a crush on him. Or at least, that's what she told herself. 

But as she watched Peter suddenly excuse himself from the table, grabbing his backpack in a hurry, Y/n's curiosity only deepened. He was always running off like this, right in the middle of lunch or class, and no one seemed to question it. Except her. 

She leaned back in her chair, watching him slip out of the cafeteria doors. "Where are you going this time, Parker?" she muttered to herself. 

Her friends' voices faded into the background as she contemplated her next move. Maybe it was nothing, but Y/n's gut told her there was more to Peter Parker than met the eye. And maybe, just maybe, she was more intrigued by him than she wanted to admit.

With a sigh, Y/n closed her sketchbook, deciding she might need to do a little more "observing" if she wanted to get to the bottom of this mystery.