Protection || Glinda [Wicked]

Y/n sat on the edge of her bed, gently wringing a damp cloth in her hands as she looked at Glinda, who was sitting cross-legged in front of her, a faint bruise blooming along her cheekbone

Y/n sat on the edge of her bed, gently wringing a damp cloth in her hands as she looked at Glinda, who was sitting cross-legged in front of her, a faint bruise blooming along her cheekbone. The sight of Glinda injured like this was a rare occurrence; she was usually all smiles, laughter, and charm, the girl who could light up any room with her presence. But tonight, things had taken a turn, and the aftermath of her fight left Y/n both worried and frustrated.

"I still can't believe you fought her," Y/n said, her voice soft but tinged with concern. She dabbed the cloth gently against Glinda's cheek, wiping away the dried blood on her lip. "You didn't have to do that."

Glinda winced slightly at the touch but kept her gaze steady, eyes flashing with determination. "She touched your ass, Y/n. Nobody gets away with that." Her voice was firm, her usual bubbly tone replaced with something darker, more protective.

The memory of the altercation at the party still lingered in Y/n's mind. They had been enjoying a quiet moment, Glinda laughing with friends, Y/n standing beside her, when out of nowhere, a girl—drunk and far too confident—had grabbed Y/n inappropriately. Before Y/n could even react, Glinda had stepped in, all her usual charm vanishing as her fierce, protective side took over. Words had quickly turned into punches, and now here they were, Glinda nursing a black eye and a split lip.

Y/n sighed and shook her head, placing the cloth down on the table beside the bed. "I appreciate you standing up for me, but I don't want to see you hurt because of me."

Glinda smiled softly, her good hand reaching up to tuck a loose strand of Y/n's hair behind her ear. "You're worth fighting for. I'd do it again if I had to."

Y/n's chest tightened at those words. Glinda, for all her brightness and charm, had a fierce loyalty to the people she loved. She wasn't just the girl who smiled her way through life, winning hearts with ease—there was steel beneath the surface, and she wasn't afraid to use it when it came to protecting those she cared about.

"You didn't have to, though," Y/n insisted, grabbing a fresh bandage from the first-aid kit. "I could've handled it."

Glinda chuckled lightly, wincing as the movement pulled at her bruised lip. "Oh, I know. But she needed to learn a lesson. Nobody disrespects my girlfriend like that." Her voice softened as she reached out, brushing her fingers against Y/n's hand. "I know you can take care of yourself, but I couldn't just stand there and watch."

Y/n couldn't help the small smile that tugged at her lips as she gently applied the bandage to Glinda's lip. "You're a lot fiercer than people give you credit for."

"Well," Glinda said with a playful smirk, "it helps to have a reputation as the sweet, lovable one. That way, people don't see it coming when I strike."

Y/n laughed softly, shaking her head. "I guess that's true. You're a lot more dangerous than you let on."

Glinda's eyes sparkled with mischief as she leaned in closer, her hand resting lightly on Y/n's thigh. "Only when I have to be."

For a moment, the air between them lightened, the weight of the evening easing as they shared a quiet laugh. But Y/n's gaze fell once more to the bruises marking Glinda's usually flawless skin, and her heart clenched again.

"I hate seeing you like this," Y/n murmured, her fingers brushing lightly over Glinda's swollen cheek.

Glinda caught her hand, pressing it against her own cheek with a small, reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. This is nothing. I've dealt with worse."

Y/n raised an eyebrow. "Worse?"

Glinda chuckled again, though this time there was a hint of something darker behind it. "I may look like I have everything together, but you know me better than anyone. I've had to fight for a lot of things in my life—sometimes in ways people don't see."

Y/n frowned, leaning in closer. "What do you mean?"

Glinda sighed, her fingers still gently holding Y/n's hand. "People think I'm just this bubbly, perfect girl who's friends with everyone, but sometimes..." She trailed off, her eyes flickering with vulnerability. "Sometimes, I have to manipulate situations to keep everything together. To stay on top. It's not always pretty, but it's how I survive."

Y/n was silent for a moment, taking in Glinda's words. She had always known that Glinda was more complex than she let on, but hearing her admit it like this made it all the more real. Beneath the sunshine and charm was someone who fought hard to maintain control over her life, even if it meant using her intelligence and social standing to manipulate people when necessary.

"I know you're not perfect," Y/n said softly, her thumb brushing against Glinda's cheek. "But I love you for exactly who you are. All of it."

Glinda's eyes softened, and she leaned forward, resting her forehead against Y/n's. "I don't deserve you, you know that?"

Y/n smiled, her hand slipping down to rest on Glinda's waist, pulling her closer. "You deserve more than you think."

They sat like that for a long moment, the world outside fading as they held each other close. Glinda's bruises would heal, but Y/n knew there were deeper scars beneath the surface—ones that Glinda carried with her every day. And yet, despite it all, Glinda remained fiercely loyal, protective, and loving in a way that made Y/n's heart ache with admiration.

"Next time," Y/n murmured, breaking the silence, "let's try to avoid the fighting, okay?"

Glinda chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to Y/n's lips. "Deal. But only if no one touches you again."

Y/n laughed softly, pulling Glinda closer into her arms. "I'll do my best."