Animation industry || Vaggie [Hazbin hotel]

Y/n sat at her desk, her eyes fixed on the computer screen as she meticulously adjusted the frame of the final animation shot

Y/n sat at her desk, her eyes fixed on the computer screen as she meticulously adjusted the frame of the final animation shot. The glow of her monitor cast shadows across the cluttered room, filled with sketches, coffee cups, and scattered notes. She was exhausted. She and her fellow animators had spent months—no, years—pouring their blood, sweat, and tears into what had become the highest-grossing R-rated film in Hell. A darkly twisted masterpiece that had captured the attention of demons, overlords, and sinners alike.

Yet, as the world applauded the film's success, the triumph felt hollow. The price they paid to achieve it was far too high.

Vaggie, Y/n's girlfriend, sat beside her, arms crossed as she watched Y/n work through yet another late night. She had been by her side throughout the process, helping her manage the intense pressure that came with the job. But even she was beginning to show the strain of the endless hours.

"You need a break," Vaggie said, her voice firm yet laced with concern. "You've been at this for days. It's not worth running yourself into the ground."

Y/n sighed, leaning back in her chair and rubbing her tired eyes. "I know... but we're so close. This is what we've been working for all this time, Vaggie. I can't stop now."

"I get that," Vaggie replied, "but that production company has been *using* you. You and all the other animators. They paid you, sure, but look at what they're putting you through. Long hours, unpaid overtime, and barely any credit. It's not right, and you know it."

Y/n frowned, feeling the weight of Vaggie's words sink in. She had been swept up in the momentum of the project, pushing herself to meet the ridiculous demands of the studio, often sacrificing her own health and well-being to meet deadlines. But Vaggie was right—there had been red flags from the start. Animators who refused to work unpaid overtime were cut from the credits, their contributions erased as though they had never existed. Many of her colleagues had left, burned out and disillusioned.

"Everyone in Hell's talking about how amazing the movie is," Y/n said, her voice tinged with bitterness. "But no one knows what went on behind the scenes. They don't know about the sleepless nights, the constant pressure, or the people who got screwed over."

Vaggie reached out and took Y/n's hand, squeezing it gently. "They should know. You all deserve better."

The controversies had been bubbling beneath the surface for weeks, whispers among animators about the unfair labor practices of the production company. The film's success had only highlighted the issue, and now it couldn't be ignored any longer. There were discussions of strikes, of pushing for better working conditions, but it felt like such a long shot in a place like Hell. Exploitation was the norm, and complaining could get you blacklisted.

Still, Y/n couldn't shake the growing feeling that something had to change. 

"I've been thinking," Y/n said, her voice quiet but determined. "We've worked too hard to let this go unnoticed. It's not just about me—there are so many others who deserve credit for what they did. People who should've been paid fairly and treated with respect."

Vaggie nodded, her expression fierce. "Then we'll do something about it. We'll make sure the animators' voices are heard."

Y/n felt a swell of gratitude as she looked at Vaggie. She had always been her rock, standing by her through the chaos, and now she was ready to fight with her. It gave Y/n the strength she needed to confront the issue head-on.

In the following days, Y/n began reaching out to her fellow animators, gathering stories of their mistreatment and organizing meetings to discuss their options. Vaggie helped, using her sharp wit and unwavering determination to spread the word, ensuring that the discussion of workers' rights in the animation industry gained momentum. Together, they built a movement, not just for themselves but for the entire community of animators in Hell who had been taken advantage of for too long.

The backlash against the production company grew. Social media buzzed with calls for accountability, and even some of Hell's most notorious overlords took notice, with discussions about labor rights reaching the highest circles. The production company could no longer sweep the complaints under the rug.

Y/n and her colleagues weren't just fighting for better pay or working conditions—they were fighting for recognition, for the respect they deserved as artists and creators. And with Vaggie by her side, Y/n knew they would see it through.

"I knew you'd do it," Vaggie said one night as they stood together on the balcony, looking out over the chaotic skyline of Hell. "I'm proud of you."

Y/n smiled, leaning into her. "I couldn't have done it without you."

As the stars burned brightly above them, they knew that while the battle was far from over, they were on the right path—together.