Beyond this city || Dipper [Gravity Falls]

Y/n sat on the porch of the Mystery Shack, staring off into the dense, mystical woods that surrounded Gravity Falls

Y/n sat on the porch of the Mystery Shack, staring off into the dense, mystical woods that surrounded Gravity Falls. She twirled a pine needle between her fingers, her thoughts racing as she replayed the conversation she'd overheard earlier.

Dipper, her twin brother, had always been the person she was closest to. They had solved mysteries together, faced supernatural threats, and stood by each other's side through all the weirdness of Gravity Falls. But lately, things had changed. Ever since Dipper began working with their Great Uncle Ford, diving into more complex mysteries and learning about the scientific side of the paranormal, Y/n felt like she'd been pushed into the background.

She wanted to be helpful, to be there for him like she always had, but Dipper seemed to be doing just fine without her. No, not just fine—he was thriving. Ford had become the mentor Dipper had always dreamed of, teaching him everything from cryptozoology to interdimensional travel. It was incredible to see how much her brother had grown, but it hurt, too. Somewhere along the way, Y/n felt like she'd been left behind.

And now Dipper had announced he would be leaving Gravity Falls for a grand tour of the world with Ford—exploring strange, far-off places, discovering ancient relics, solving new mysteries. It was everything he'd ever wanted, but it also meant he would be leaving her behind.

Y/n sighed, feeling a knot form in her chest. She wanted to be happy for him, truly. But the idea of Dipper going off on these adventures without her—without *needing* her—was unbearable.

She didn't realize Dipper was standing behind her until he spoke.

"Hey, Y/n," Dipper said quietly, stepping onto the porch.

Y/n quickly wiped at her eyes, hoping he hadn't noticed the tears threatening to spill. "Hey, Dip."

There was an awkward silence between them, something that hadn't existed before. It used to be that they could sit together in complete understanding, no words necessary. But now, it was like an invisible wall had gone up, and neither of them knew how to break it down.

"I wanted to talk to you," Dipper began, shuffling his feet nervously. "About, well, the trip with Ford."

Y/n clenched her jaw, forcing herself to nod. "Yeah, I know. It's amazing, Dipper. You're going to see so many incredible things."

Dipper frowned, sensing the edge in her voice. "Are you... okay with it? I mean, I don't want to leave you behind. It's just—Ford thinks it's the right time for me to see more of the world, to learn more. And I've always dreamed of going on these kinds of adventures."

Y/n tried to smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Of course, I'm okay with it. You deserve this, Dipper. It's everything you've ever wanted."

He studied her for a moment, his eyes full of concern. "But what about you? We've always done everything together, and now... I don't want you to feel like I'm abandoning you."

Y/n's heart twisted at his words. She wanted to tell him the truth, to scream that she *did* feel abandoned, that she didn't know who she was without him by her side. But instead, she swallowed the lump in her throat and forced out, "I'll be fine. Gravity Falls is still full of mysteries, right? I'll find plenty to keep myself busy."

Dipper looked unconvinced. "Y/n, you don't have to pretend like everything's fine. I know this is hard. It's hard for me too. You're my twin—I don't *want* to go without you."

"But you *have* to," Y/n said, her voice barely above a whisper. "This is your path, Dipper. You and Ford, you're meant to do these amazing things together. I get it. I just..." She hesitated, not sure if she should say the next part, but it slipped out anyway. "I don't know where I fit into all of this anymore."

Dipper's expression softened. He sat down beside her, leaning back against the porch railing. "Y/n, you've always been more than just my sidekick. You're not just someone who follows me around solving mysteries. You're *you*. You're smart, brave, and you've got your own way of figuring things out. I wouldn't have made it through half the stuff we've faced without you."

"But now you've got Ford," Y/n murmured. "And he's way smarter than I'll ever be. You don't need me like you used to."

"That's not true," Dipper said firmly. "Ford's great, yeah, but he's not you. No one can replace you, Y/n."

Y/n felt tears welling up again, but this time, she didn't fight them. "It just feels like everything's changing, and I don't know where I belong anymore."

Dipper sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Things are changing. But that doesn't mean we're not still a team. Even if I'm not here in Gravity Falls, we'll still figure things out together. You'll always be a part of my adventures, no matter where I go."

Y/n looked at him, her heart aching but comforted by his words. "Do you really mean that?"

"Of course I do," Dipper said, giving her a small smile. "You're my twin. We've been through too much for me to just leave you behind like that."

She nodded, feeling a bit lighter. "I just wish I could go with you."

Dipper's smile turned sad. "I wish you could too. But this is something I need to do on my own for now. You've got your own adventures to have here in Gravity Falls."

Y/n chuckled softly, wiping away her tears. "I guess so. Maybe I'll finally figure out what's up with that weird tree in the forest. It always gives me the creeps."

Dipper laughed, the tension between them easing. "That sounds like a mystery worth solving. Just... don't forget to write to me about it. I want to hear all about your adventures too."

"I will," Y/n promised, feeling a warmth spread through her chest. "You better come back with some good stories."

"You know I will," Dipper said, standing up and offering her his hand. "Come on, let's go find Mabel before she tries to make 'goodbye cupcakes' that somehow explode."

Y/n took his hand, standing up and following him inside. For the first time in a while, she felt like things would be okay. Dipper might be leaving, but their bond was something that distance couldn't break. And maybe, just maybe, she'd find her own path along the way.