The maze of expectations || Valentino [Hazbin hotel]

Y/n always thought adulthood would bring freedom—a time to chase dreams and live life on their terms

Y/n always thought adulthood would bring freedom—a time to chase dreams and live life on their terms. But reality had proven to be much more complicated. Instead of freedom, Y/n found themselves navigating a world full of pressures, expectations, and compromises. And at the center of this overwhelming world was Valentino, the powerful overlord of Hell's entertainment industry.

Valentino saw something in Y/n early on, a potential he could mold and exploit. He promised them fame, success, and everything they thought they wanted. Y/n, initially flattered by the attention, soon found themselves entangled in Valentino's web.

One evening, after a particularly grueling day, Y/n sat in front of their vanity, staring at their reflection. They barely recognized themselves. The person staring back was tired, hollow, and weighed down by the expectations of others. The spark they once had was gone, replaced by a constant feeling of inadequacy.

The door to the room creaked open, and Valentino sauntered in, his signature smirk plastered on his face. "Why so glum, darling?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Isn't this the life you wanted? Fame, fortune, adoration... What more could you ask for?"

Y/n clenched their fists, struggling to find the words. "This... this isn't what I wanted, Val," they finally said, their voice shaky but resolute. "I'm losing myself. I'm not the person I used to be."

Valentino laughed, a low, mocking sound. "Oh, come on, sweetheart. This is the real world. Everyone has to give up something to get ahead. You can't be a star and stay the same little nobody you were before."

"But I don't want to be this," Y/n shot back, their voice growing stronger. "I don't want to be someone who sacrifices everything just to meet your expectations, to fit into your world."

Valentino's eyes narrowed, his smile fading. "You think you can just walk away from this? From me? After everything I've done for you?"

"I never asked for this shit," Y/n replied, standing up to face him. "You made me believe I needed you, that I needed all of this to be someone. But I don't. I'm done, Valentino. I'm done letting you control me, letting you decide my worth."

Valentino's expression darkened, his charm replaced by coldness. "You really think you can make it out there on your own? Without me? You'll be nothing, Y/n. A nobody."

Y/n took a deep breath, the weight of their decision settling in. "I'd rather be a nobody than lose myself trying to be somebody I'm not."

For a moment, there was silence. Valentino stared at Y/n, his eyes flashing with a mixture of anger and disbelief. Then, with a sneer, he turned on his heel and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Y/n stood there, trembling, but also feeling lighter than they had in a long time. It was over. They had confronted the person who had held so much power over them, and they had chosen themselves.

The next few weeks were hard. Walking away from Valentino and the industry meant starting from scratch. Y/n faced moments of doubt, wondering if they had made the right choice. But every time they looked in the mirror now, they saw someone they recognized—someone who was learning to navigate adulthood on their own terms.

One day, as Y/n was walking through the streets of Hell, they bumped into an old friend, someone they hadn't seen since before they had fallen under Valentino's influence.

"Y/n? Is that really you?" their friend asked, eyes wide with surprise.

Y/n smiled, a real, genuine smile. "Yeah, it's me. I'm finally finding my way back."

They spent the afternoon catching up, laughing and reminiscing about simpler times. Y/n realized that for the first time in a long time, they felt free. Not because they had escaped Valentino, but because they had reclaimed their life, their dreams, and their identity.

As the sun set, casting an eerie glow over the city, Y/n looked out at the horizon. Adulthood was still a maze, full of twists and turns, but now they were walking their own path. And no matter what challenges lay ahead, they knew they would face them as the person they were always meant to be.