Feeling goosebumps || Moana [Moana 2]

Moana hadn't expected to find her village like this

Moana hadn't expected to find her village like this. Motunui, usually vibrant and full of life, now seemed to be rotting from the inside out. The ocean, which had always been a source of comfort, now carried an unsettling chill that crawled up her spine. Y/n, her closest friend, walked beside her, their steps heavy with the weight of the unknown.

"Something's wrong," Y/n murmured, her eyes scanning the horizon where the waves seemed to crash just a little too violently. "The ocean feels... angry."

Moana nodded, but her mind was racing. Ever since their return, the villagers had been distant, their faces etched with fear. Whispers of an ancient curse spread like wildfire. It had all started when the first boat vanished—its crew lost without a trace. Then another, and another. The sea, once a friend, had turned against them.

As they reached the shore, Moana's heart sank. The ocean was dark, almost black, and in the distance, she thought she saw something moving just beneath the surface. She blinked, but whatever it was had vanished.

"We need to find out what's causing this," Moana said, more to herself than Y/n. "We have to go to Te Fiti."

"But the ocean..." Y/n hesitated, fear creeping into her voice. "What if it doesn't want us to leave?"

Moana forced a smile, though it didn't reach her eyes. "The ocean chose me once. It'll help us again."

That night, as they prepared to set sail, Y/n couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. She tossed and turned in her bed, sleep eluding her. Finally, she gave up and walked to the water's edge, hoping the cool night air would calm her nerves.

But as she approached the shore, she heard it—a faint whisper, carried by the wind.

"Y/n..."

She froze. The voice was distant, almost like a child's, but there was something wrong about it, something twisted. She looked around, but there was no one. Just the dark sea, the moonlight barely reflecting off its surface.

"Y/n... come closer."

Her feet moved of their own accord, stepping into the cold, wet sand. The water lapped at her ankles, and the voice grew louder.

"Join us..."

A hand shot out of the water, grabbing her ankle with a grip like iron. Y/n screamed, falling back onto the sand, but the hand held fast, pulling her toward the water.

"Y/n!" Moana's voice cut through the night. She was at Y/n's side in an instant, grabbing her arm and pulling with all her strength. Together, they struggled against the unseen force until, finally, the hand released Y/n, disappearing beneath the waves.

Panting, they scrambled back from the shore. Y/n was shaking, her skin pale.

"They're here, Moana," she whispered, her voice trembling. "The spirits of the dead... they're angry."