Hitler || Val [Inside out 2]

Y/n wiped the sweat from her brow as she hurried down the dimly lit hallway of the makeshift hospital

Y/n wiped the sweat from her brow as she hurried down the dimly lit hallway of the makeshift hospital. The air was thick with the stench of blood and antiseptic, and the moans of injured soldiers echoed around her. The conditions were beyond poor—filthy bandages, scarce medicine, and barely enough light to see by. But there was no time to think about any of that. 

She rushed from bed to bed, tending to wounds, changing dressings, and offering whatever comfort she could to the young men, most of them barely old enough to be called soldiers. Their uniforms bore the unmistakable insignia of the Third Reich. Her hands trembled as she worked, the weight of what she was doing pressing down on her, suffocating her. She hated every moment of it—hated the uniforms, hated the war, hated what she had been forced to do.

And then, a voice cut through the din, calling her name. "Y/n!" 

She turned, but no one was there. Just the dim hospital, the rows of wounded, the oppressive atmosphere crushing down on her. She stumbled back, her vision blurring, her breath coming in gasps. "This isn't right," she muttered to herself, clutching her head. "This isn't real!"

Suddenly, everything around her started to distort—the walls rippling like water, the sounds becoming muffled. Y/n's heart pounded in her chest as the world twisted and darkened, until she was swallowed by blackness.

She jolted awake, gasping for air, her body drenched in sweat. For a moment, she didn't know where she was—her mind still trapped in the nightmare. But then, reality slowly came into focus. She was in her bed, in her small apartment, safe and far away from that horrible place.

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. She looked around the room, the sunlight streaming through the curtains, the familiar posters on the wall, the scent of fresh coffee wafting in from the kitchen. It was the 4th of July. 

She heard a soft chuckle beside her and turned to see her girlfriend, Val, lying next to her, scrolling through her phone. Val was oblivious to Y/n's internal turmoil, her expression one of mild amusement as she read something on the screen.

"And Helen Lovejoy, sure, she looks blonde, but I've heard cuffs and collar don't match, if you get my drift," Val muttered under her breath, quoting something that made no sense to Y/n in her still-groggy state.

Relief washed over Y/n, and she couldn't help the smile that tugged at her lips. The nightmare was fading away, and all that mattered now was that she was here, with Val, on this warm summer morning. Without another thought, Y/n threw the covers off and practically lunged at Val, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend in a tight embrace.

Val let out a surprised laugh, her phone falling to the bed. "Whoa, Y/n! What's gotten into you?"

Y/n buried her face in Val's shoulder, holding her as if she might disappear. "I just... had a really shitty dream. Needed to remind myself that you're real."

Val's expression softened as she hugged Y/n back. "Well, I'm real, and I'm here. That dream must've been awful, huh?"

"Yeah," Y/n whispered, feeling the last remnants of fear melt away in Val's comforting embrace. "But it doesn't matter now. I've got you, and that's all that matters."

Val pulled back slightly to look at Y/n, her eyes full of warmth. "You know I'm always here for you, right? No matter what."

Y/n nodded, her heart swelling with love and gratitude. "I know. I love you, Val."

"I love you too, Y/n," Val replied, leaning in to press a gentle kiss to Y/n's forehead. "Now, how about we get out of bed and start celebrating the 4th of July? We've got the whole day ahead of us, and I'm thinking it's going to be amazing."

Y/n smiled, her spirits lifting as the horror of the dream faded completely. "Yeah, that sounds perfect."

Hand in hand, they got out of bed, ready to enjoy the day together, leaving the nightmare far behind them.