Time traveling || Red • Chloe [Descendants: The Rise of Red]

Following the events of *Descendants: The Royal Wedding*, Uma stood proudly at the podium as the newly appointed headmistress of Auradon Prep

Following the events of *Descendants: The Royal Wedding*, Uma stood proudly at the podium as the newly appointed headmistress of Auradon Prep. She had a vision for the school that included fostering connections with other realms. Her first bold move? Opening the borders between Auradon and Wonderland. Today, she welcomed Red, the rebellious daughter of the Queen of Hearts, and her cautious sister, Y/n, to join the student body. As students buzzed with excitement, Uma felt a twinge of apprehension. Would these sisters truly fit into the world of Auradon, especially with their mother in tow?

Red was a whirlwind of energy, embodying independence and a fierce spirit that often brushed against the boundaries of authority. Y/n, on the other hand, held a deep love for family but was keenly aware of their mother's scheming ways, her instincts urging caution. The dynamic between them created a palpable tension as they entered the hall, the air thick with the weight of expectations and family loyalty.

As the ceremony commenced, Bridget, the Queen of Hearts, entered with her daughters. The atmosphere shifted, eyes widening as students and dignitaries alike recognized her presence. Awkwardness filled the air when Cinderella stepped forward, her heart sinking at the sight of her old adversary. It had been years since they attended Merlin Academy together, and the memories of a painful prank lingered in the air like a bitter aroma.

"Bridget," Cinderella greeted, forcing a smile, but her eyes betrayed her unease. "It's been a long time."

Queen of Hearts's expression hardened. "Not long enough, Cinderella. You still owe me for that little stunt you pulled back in school."

Cinderella bristled, memories flooding back. "It was a mistake! We were just kids!"

"Kids?" Bridget's voice dripped with disdain. "You think I've forgotten? The humiliation I suffered was no joke. You'll pay for that today."

Y/n exchanged a worried glance with Red, who felt a rebellious fire igniting within her. She wanted to stand against her mother, to protect Cinderella, but Bridget's presence loomed large, overshadowing her thoughts.

"Now, let's make this a memorable occasion," Bridget declared, her voice echoing through the hall. She revealed her magic deck of cards, the colors shifting and swirling in a hypnotic display. The crowd fell silent, a collective gasp rising as Bridget began to shuffle the cards, each one glowing ominously.

"What are you doing?" Uma demanded, stepping forward, her voice laced with authority. "This isn't how we welcome new students!"

Bridget smirked, her eyes gleaming with malice. "Why not have a little fun? You see, I have a point to prove. Everyone will witness the true power of the Queen of Hearts!"

With a flick of her wrist, the cards shot into the air, swirling around the hall like a tempest, forming a barrier that trapped the audience within. Fear rippled through the crowd, gasps of panic echoing in the ornate chamber.