The bet (2)

As soon as Tzuyu finished wailing about how unfair Momo's conditions were, she trudged all the way back to her dorm.

When the complaints from opposite the door quietened down, Momo chuckled to herself, "What a loser."

"Who's a loser, Momoring?"

Momo yelped at the sudden appearance of Sana's voice, hand on her chest as she tried to calm her heart, "Can you not do that?"

Sana only shrugged before she continued asking, "Who's a loser? Why am I back in our dorm? I swear I was in the library a few minutes ago with..." Sana's voice grew softer as she spoke.

"With who now?" Momo wiggled her eyebrows at Sana who slapped the older Japanese's shoulder, eliciting a loud cry from Momo as she dramatically held onto her shoulder making it seem as if Sana had punched her with a 100kg sack. Sana turned to go back into her room when Momo tugged on her wrist and dragged Sana over to the couch.

Momo made Sana sit down on their couch before calling for Mina to join them. The youngest out of the three slowly came out of her room in an oversized shirt and pyjama shorts, her glasses perched on her nose.

"What's up, Momoring?"

A look of mischief which screamed trouble appeared on Momo's face as she gestured towards Sana, "Guess who brought our Sana back to the dorm today?"

Mina's eye immediately widened as she shot Sana a teasing grin, "Hm...I wonder who! Why don't you enlighten us, Satang?"

Sana groaned out loud at her best friends as she hid her face in one of the cushions. The woman's face was flushed with embarrassment and if Mina and Momo teased her any longer, Sana would probably jump out of their window voluntarily just to save face.

The two stopped laughing when Sana shot up from her hiding spot and turned to Momo, "How did she even bring me back?"

"It's simple really. Let me show you how," Momo grinned. Then, Momo whispered whatever she wanted to do to Mina before scooping Mina up in bridal-style, who imitated a sleeping Sana but just a tad bit more dramatic. Mina had one hand on her chest and another on her forehead.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! YOU CAN PUT MINA DOWN NOW!" Sana screeched, face aflame, as Momo started walking around with Mina still in her arms to show Sana how Tzuyu had brought her home. The two roared with laughter as they caught a glimpse of Sana's red face.

"I still can't believe you told her that you hated her when you're so smitten with that kid," Mina choked out between laughs, "Why couldn't you just tell her the truth?"

Sana processed Mina's words before mumbling, "Something pissed me off that day and when Tzuyu came to ask me whether I was cool with her or not, I guess I just...exploded. I just blurted out whatever came to mind first and now I don't know how to fix this little mistake. Even if I tell her that I don't hate her now, she'll probably think that I'm messing with her head and what if that causes her to hate me? What if–"

The two other Japanese stared at Sana as she rambled on and on about how Tzuyu might hate her if she told the younger girl that she in fact doesn't hate her and instead might have a teeny-tiny crush on her. Momo then nudged Mina, "What kind of fool do we have as a friend? Where did we even find her?"

Mina shook her head sadly and reminded Momo, "Remember you were the one who yapped to her first which led to this friendship."

"Man...I would've just kept my mouth shut if I knew she was this hopeless when it comes to love," Momo frowned as Mina patted her on the back. Momo then placed both her hands on Sana's shoulders and made the rambling girl look at her. When she saw the tear-stricken face of Sana's, Momo jumped back a little, "WHY ARE YOU CRYING?"