My Boyfriend, Adam...Lambert.

Nix's POV

Packed, house locked, and sunglasses on, and weaving my way through the traffic to the airport. I was sooo looking forward to a real Thanksgiving, where the trees would be beautiful and orange and red, not the palm trees that never changed. I couldn't wait for the freezing nights around a bonfire, pies, parades, and of course; football.

Okay, I hated football, but it was a tradition.

My flight was uneventful and boring, aside from a flurry of snow, which looked stunning flying right through the gray clouds. It felt like years before I landed at Logan in Boston.

Adam and I had a grand total of a six text conversation the entire time. Something was definitely off. But my somber mood was lifted when I met my brother, Hunter and his girlfriend Kassi, waiting for me.

I beamed and hurried towards them, dragging my two suitcases behind me.

"Hunt!" I called. He picked me up and spun me around in a circle like he did when we were kids. Kassi embraced me tightly. We had only met once before some time ago, but she was just as awesome as she had been then.

Hunter took my luggage and led me out to their car, where our hour long drive would start.

"So, are mom and dad still chill or have they decided they to currently hate me?" I asked, stretching out on the back seat.

Hunter laughed. "No, they're excited to see you and Adam. Speaking of, when does he get in?"

"Supposed to be in like two days.

I saw Kassi's eyebrows furrow. "You don't sound enthused. Something wrong?"

"Uh, I don't know. He just hasn't been talking to me much and it sort of ticks me off. But I guess I can't blame him; he's working his butt off from dusk till dawn."

She nodded. "I get that. When Hunter is away on business trips I talk to him a lot."

Hunter grinned and rolled his eyes. "A lot is an understatement."

We talked the whole ride home, and I almost forgot that I never received a message from Adam.

I was shaking when we got closer to the house, and I momentarily forgot that we wouldn't be going to our old house.

"When did they move?" I asked.

Hunter flicked on his blinker, silent for a moment while we turned onto the Pike, which be leading us into the crazy section of Downtown, maybe even passing the Bay to get to the new place.

"Uh, about two years ago."

"Why?"

Kassi and Hunter exchanged glances. "Um, maybe we shouldn't-"

"Hunter, just tell me."

My brother sighed heavily. "They moved because it reminded them too much of you."

"I figured. In a good way or a bad way?"

Hunter shrugged. "Not sure. They never said. It's a nice house though. You'll like it."

They asked questions about work, school, Adam, life in Cali, Adam, what I wanted to pursue after school, Adam-

LOTS about Adam.

I was almost getting tired of talking about him, which was hard because he was basically my favorite subject.

Kassi glanced at me in the mirror, a smile on her face. "Okay, but now comes the topic of that ring on your finger. Not an engagement though ring, no?"