The Strategy

The day after the meeting was uneventful.  Richard, on the other hand, got bored and decided to acquaint himself to the employee of RFJ Group.  He can see that everyone was eager to meet him and he indulge them.  He talked to everyone and subtlety flirt with some of them.  He is trying to see whose who in the company.  As he was getting a talk to everyone, he was surprised that the "nerd" was the youngest among them.  And that she was only 22.  He also learned that most of them are intrigued by this 22 year old nerd and even doubted her in the beginning, but she proved them wrong.  They were surprised how the nerd strategically resolve every issues with regards to client appointments and discussion.  Everyone of them witnessed how quick-witted she is.  He is trying to know their point of view regarding the "nerd".  But as the saying goes, not all of them are impressed with the nerd and he is talking to one of then right now. 
"Yap! I don't know why at her age, she is the executive secretary to the president!" Charity said.
"And why do you think of that?" Richard asked.
"Well, sa edad niya sobrang bata pa... Tapos sasabihing magaling?" Charity said again.
"So you think she is not capable of handling the position?" Richard is getting interested.
"Well, most of the people here at impressed but not me.  She could be sleeping around for all we know." Charity said.
"With her looks, who do you think will want her, unlike you!" Richard tries to flirt to get additional information.
"Well, we don't know.  Hindi naman kasama sa kama ang damit hindi ba? Isa pa, I can see that most of her acquaintance is twice her age and mostly in the position.  Well, we don't know right?" Charity added, malice on her voice.
"Oh, well you are right, we might never know... By the way, I need to go back to my office now and you take care, bye!" Richard said, all of sudden got uninterested hooking with this one.  With the way she said things, mukhang delikado siya dito... Ito yung tipong clingy at mahirap ipagpag! And he don't like that! Definitely not!
As he entered the office, he saw Maine is busy with her computer.  She is so focused that he can see a frown on her face.  She was thinking seriously about something.
"Uyy, Ms. Nerd, patimpla ng kape!" Richard asked.
He can see Maine was surprised but was able to retaliate back.
"Black or with creamer?" Maine asked without looking at him.
"Black... Just black!" Richard said.  Trying to sound unconcerned.  He will check her computer once she is up doing his coffee.  He is planning to check what she is trying to do on her computer.
Once, out of the view, he silently walked over to her table. Noting everything on her table.  But what caught his attention was the desktop.  There were several tabs open and the most outstanding one was the word ---  CANCER. 

"What on the earth is she searching about the "C"? And what type is she researching about? Is there something behind this research? Oh, well if she has the "C", who cares? Is she afraid of dying? Hmmmm... And walked to his office.

Few more minutes and the coffee was delivered to his table, Maine was about to exit his office when Richard spoke again.
"Pwedeng palitan? Hindi ko type ang lasa...!" He said frowning.
"E di ikaw ang magtimpla! Kesa nagrereklamo ka diyan, sayang pa energy mo, from now on do your coffee thing! Mang-iistorbo ka pa, e ang dami kong ginagawa unlike you!" Maine said acidly.
"Ano ginagawa mo? Nagreresearch about the "C"? Why? Are you dying, Nerd?" Richard asked, unfeeling.
"How dare you? You know nothing... Kung pwede lang ako na lang... Para makatakas sa lahat ng mga salot na katulad mo sa mundo! Para makapagpahinga na rin ako sa mga taong gustong magpatakbo ng buhay ko!" Maine suddenly blurted out.  Eyes blazing with so much hatred and Richard can feel the full rage.  He was surprised of the emotions flowing off her.  And he felt something tug at his heart as he saw a lone tear that fall off her eyes before she walked out of the room.  Richard, however, was hit by some emotions he can't describe as he remember the tear she shed and he wonder why...