Rewrite the Stars

Nagising si Richard sa ingay na naririnig.  Nagulat pa siya ng mapansin na nakahiga siya sa salamat set.  He got up and was still puzzled na walang gumising sa kanya samantalang alam niya na maagang nagigising ang mga bata at madre dito! He was about to stand up when he heard footsteps and laughter approaching his direction!

"Lagot ka sa akin pag nahabol kita!" Maine said as she came on to view following Tom, who is running his fats to escape Maine.  Their laughter are music to his ears.  He was surprised ng pumunta sa kanya si Tom at nagtago sa likod niya, as if naman maitatago niya ito sa lapad ng katawan nito kumpara sa kanya!  Maine, as if still wanting to entertain Tom pretend na hinahanap niya ito!

"Tom, Tom where are you? She said as she signalled him to keep quiet, with a very sincere smile on her face!

" Rise and shine, good morning, Boss!" Maine said.

Richard got in the game, he said,
"I haven't seen Tom here, maybe he was in the garden?"

They heard Tom giggling and Maine slowly walked towards Tom's direction.  When she reached the kid, she tapped him and made Tom laughed harder.  Richard felt warm when he saw the two laughing carefree!

"Good morning, Kuya! Daig kita mas maaga akong nagising sa iyo po! Nag-almusal na po ako, at nag-exercise na poh!" Tom said.

"Very good... Anong oras na little boy?" Richard asked him.

Tom look at Maine as if asking what time is it.

"Its already past seven, boss! And you have to report at the office.  Meeting will be set this afternoon for a new ad campaign." Maine said.

"I thought your dad will be handling the company for two days?" Richard asked, kinda having second thoughts if he will go or not.

"Yes, he will but he needs assistance, please! He needs to get all the info he needed to be able to make a sound decision.  You can asked Tatay if he can let you go earlier than five para makauwi at makapahinga ka rin sa bahay mo." Maine said, eyes pleading.

Richard, can't help but agree to her plea.  Seeing those pleading eyes make him do whatever she wanted him to do...

"Pero, Captain, paano ka? Wala kang backup if there will be problems here?" Richard said, still wanting to make sure she is really capable of handling conflicts if need be.

"No worries, Lt., I have Paolo here to help me if ever and we also have a backup plan if needed.  All you need to think for today is to help with this new project.  You know that we need more projects para madali nating makuha ang agreed growth for the company." Maine said.

"If that's the case, Captain, then I will leave you all for a while and please be safe! Take care of yourself, Captain!" Richard said.

"Good.  And now, you can go to the dining area to get your breakfast first before you go, Lt.!" Maine said and carry Tom and wait for Richard to follow her to the dining table to get his breakfast. 

"By the way, Captain, can I have your digits, para ma-check ko rin kayo dito at maka-respond agad ako if something's is off here?" Richard asked, determination on his voice.
"OK, no problem! Pero please, kung aarte ka lang na parang asshole boss ko, wag muna ngayon! Kasi baka kuhanin ko na talaga ang baril ko at...!" Maine do the gun finger, shot an imaginary bullet, blow her finger giving him a warning!

Richard, was mesmerized upon seeing that and was surprised when he was tapped by someone at the back..

"What the -- ?" Richard was about to curse, when she was stopped by Maine by nudging his side and signalled him that Tom is with them.

"Good morning, Bes!" Malanding bati ni Paolo kay Richard.
"Uyy, ikaw pala yun! In fairness, ang tigas ng kamay mo ha?" Richard said, teasing him para makabawi!
"Hoy, anong matigas? Malambot ang kamay ko no, alagang lotion yan, kainis to!" Paolo said, nagtataray.
"Joke lang... Joke lang!!!" Richard said, parang natakot. 
"Pasalamat ka, bes, friend kita pero wag mo akong aasarin baka makalimutan ko yun, at kahit first base sa friend ko, hindi ka makapasa!" Paolo said with playful irap!
Maine did not wait for their banter, she just continue to piggy back Tom, towards the kitchen.

Paolo then came near Richard and whispered..
"Sige lang, mang-asar ka lang, babawian kita kay Nicomaine!" Paolo said with matching smirk and walked to followed Maine...
"Uyyy, joke lang nga, joke lang" Richard said as he follow Paolo!

The breakfast was done and as agreed, Richard prepare himself to go.  He was about to rude his car, when Maine came running after him.

"Not a word from you, Lt., about the happenings last night or you'll be dead!" Maine warned him, all serious.

"Not a word from me, Captain! Pinky swear!" Said Richard, looking directly to her eyes and hook his pinky to Maine's.

"Good! O, sige na, Lt., ingat!" Sabay takbo papasok sa ampunan..

Richard smile and took off.  Good thing that the meeting is set after lunch.  And he was still able to make it on time.  However, he was surprised to see both patriarchs are already there.

"Good Morning, Son!" Faulkerson Sr., greeted him

"Morning, Dad! Morning, Mr. Mendoza! Sorry for not coming early today!" Richard said, slightly embarrassed.

"You are still early, anyways, we have to discuss everything about the lady boss of the new uprising company! She decided to get a new ad campaign with us to boost her company!" Mr. Mendoza said at nagpauna na siya sa board room and followed right away by his Dad. 

Maine given her access to her files, so he check all the files needed for the meeting.  Ayaw niyang ma-bad shot siya sa father ni Nicomaine!

After making sure he got a the things he needed, he went to the board room right away.  The meeting took an hour and the idea was agreed upon before they burst out of the door. 

Mr. Mendoza, on the other hand, was impressed with Richard's idea.  He even grilled him kasi baka nakuha lang ang idea sa iba, at iyon ang pinaka ayaw niya! Plagiarism for him is treason! Richard was able to answer everythung he asked and even accept his idea and incorporate it with his.  He can also see that his friend was proud of his son this time.  Kung wala nga lang siguro siya baka nayakap pa nito ang binata!  Medyo nanghihinayang lang siya na wala ang kanyang Nicomaine kasi critical thinker ang anak niya! Gusto niya makita ang arguments ng dalawa! He wants her Maine to slow down and let her enjoy her youth.  Apparently, as she is observing her princess, she mistook it otherwise!  She worked harder than what he expects from her. 

As a father, he is so proud that she is beyond intelligence.  She us wise beyond her age.  Among his children, she is the most dependable.  Kaya nga hindi na rin niya masyadong pinakikialam ang mga desisyon nito e, kasi he believed in her.  So much that he is expecting that this company will be able to stand again on the time frame he have given.  And addition to that, the Faulkerson boy was good as well based in his arguments, mas na-eexcite siya sa mga darating na araw!

A/N : Sorry kung sabaw ang update ha... May sakit pa ako and I chose to write a parents POV.  I think I need to justify the parents as well kasi minsan we children misinterpreted them di ba? We sometimes think its for them kaya dapat ganito, dapat banyan, but we only understand thus pag nagkaroon na ng communication ad everything is explained na...

Sorry sa tagal ng update, I am still sick kaya lang baka maiwan ako sa ere... Joke... Luv yah, guys!