The Real Boss Is...

Richard Sr saw his son at their bar.  After weeks of being "himself" again, this is the first time that he saw him again drinking.  He also saw his son scowling as he read in something.  He can't help but go near his son.  He was puzzled as he saw some kind of brochure his son is holding.  It was a brochure of some military camp and why is he scowling while looking at it.

"Hello, Son! What's up?" The senior asked.

"O, hi dad! Just chillin...!" The junior said.

"What's up with that brochure? Are you planning to come back in the service? Or did you even quit?" The senior asked, dangerously treading since they didn't fully patch up yet.  After their talk, they become civil to each other.  They talk some trivial things but he is good at it because they still "talk". 

" I am determined to go back but the leader of the special forces is giving me hard time joining their pack and apparently Ninong is not cooperating with me!" Richard said annoyed.

"E bakit ayaw lang isama ng leader? Is he even good in the first place? Before you quit, you become one of the top performer of your batallion when it come to planning and strategy! At bakit ini-indulge ng Ninong mo?" The senior asked carefully baka biglang mag back out ang anak sa pagsasalita.

"That leader is one of the best I have seen.  In fact, that person could carry a whole pack on her shoulders should there be any problems in the team!" Richard said.

"And how did you know that? Na kasama ka na ba sa grupo nila?" The senior asked.

"Oo, pero sabi niya extra baggage ako kasi nagka encounter during that time na nandoon din ako! Nagulat pa nga ako nun! Sino mag-aakalang siya pala ang lider ng platoon na yun!" Richard asked.

"O, kilala mo pala yung leader then why don't you talk to him?" Richard senior asked.

"That's the problem, Dad! That person doesn't want me in their team.  That person even held on my recommendation from the general and that person has the power to put me on that team!" Richard said, getting irritated as he recall how Mendoza, didn't sign the papers of his recommendation.  She just told the general that he needs to undergo training under her before signing the damn papers! Kaya eto, bitin ang pagpasok niya sa special forces! And she even had the guts na asarin siya kasi alam na nito na imposibleng manalo siya sa bet nila kasi hawak nito ang alas.  Late na din ng ma-tealoze niya yun kaya hindi na siya nakagawa ng paraan. 
"You need my help?" The senior asked.
Richard turned his head towards his dad and realized why didn't he seek his help in the first place? His father was a known supporter of military missions ever since.  Katulad niya gusto din ng daddy niya na naging sundalo apparently he was the only son and eventually inherited the RFJ Companies from his parents and make it big. Upon learning of his passion, he supported him and give the military free ad campaigns when they are starting new projects and missions. 
"Ummm., could you?" Richard though embarrassed asked.  He really wanted to win this bet.  This could be his chance para makabawi kay Maine sa lahat ng kalokohan niya noon! Gusto niya magsimula ng malinis kay Maine.  He wanted to clear things up with her before levelling up.  (Ay, wow! Bonggabels! Looking forward na mag level-up ang manok natin, hahahaha).
"Okay, wait for me here.  I will be talking to some people to pull some magic strings! Anyways, could you tell me the name of the leader of the pack?" The senior asked.
"Captain Nicomaine Dei Mendoza" Richard said, looking closely to his dad's expression.
"That name rings a bell!" The senior said.
"You know her.  You have been with her for years now!" The junior said.
"Huh? Let me think about that name, its too familiar.  In fact I think I just read it somewhere recently!" The senior said.
"You just approved her leave, dad!" Richard junior said.
"You mean Maine? Is she the one we are talking about? How in the world did that happen???!" The senior said, flabbergasted us an understatement!
Richard can't help but laugh out loud at his dad's reaction! He think he is more calmer than him when he learned her "secret".
" But....!" His dad said, still stammering.
Naawa naman sa ama kaya ipinaliwanag niya kung paanong si Maine ay isang kapitan ng special forces.  He cant help but smile every time he saw his dad's eyes bulged with every revelations.  However, he did not tell any information regarding the team's mission and even the fact that Maine is still nursing a gunshot wound! Bumalik ang inis ng maalala na masyadong mahirap ang obstacle para sa wounded na kagaya niya! Bang madampot niya ang brochure ng camp kanina with all the details of the military training, gusto niya nang hilahin pabalik ang dalaga! Mapupuwersa ng husto ang katawan nito! Pero paano? Wala siyang karapatan paglabas ng opisina! She has authority over him since she is his senior after office hours.  Mas mataas ang ranggo nito at paglabas ng building, ito na ang "boss" niya!
The senior however remain quiet and he seems contemplating if he will help his son or not.  He respect Maine's decision ever since kasi she has a mind of her own and he consider her as a daughter! Isa pa, baka magkagulo kung pakikialaman nila ang dalaga! Palagi pa namang binubuwisit ng anak niya ang dalaga.  He is weighing the pros and cons, when he heard his son said...

"I really want to take care of her this time!"

The senior was taken aback and saw sincerity on his son's eyes that he haven't seen for a long time, and right there and then he decided.  He just pat his son's back and went upstairs, leaving Richard puzzled and hurt. 

Oh, well he can't help it.  Sa sobrang pasaway niya sa ama, at sa mga naging kalokohan niya, hindi siya mapagbibigyan ng ama! And with that, he just continue to drink some and went upstairs right away after a few shots... He would just wait until Monday and think of how he will start to make up for her!