The Rescue (2)

They went back to the hideout after their surveillance.  Captain Maine was back to her old self after thousands of reminders to herself that she should focus on her mission! She should not fall for the charm of her player "boss"! She should not let him inside her system or she will be played at! Richard, also keep quiet when he saw that the Captain become passive after their surveillance! He wished he could read whatever on her mind right now! He knows na nag-aalala siya sa bata ngayon at alam niya na suicide mission ito for her.  Imagine how noble thus woman, after the child's father betrayed her, she is still ready to lay her life for his child! And the reason why her Baste is no longer walking beside her!

Upon reaching the hideout, with their wandering minds, was blasted with a news that Peralta tried to escape!  He said he needs to save his son and that he cannot waste Hus time being tied in a chair while his son's life is slipping every second!

Maine, stormed the room, determination on her eyes! Everyone followed her, wanting to know what she would do!  They were all surprised, when she punch him on his face with a blasted question :

" How well do you trust me?" Maine shouted.
"I do, Captain but my son's life is at risk! I cannot stand it if something happened to him although I deserve the pain! Okay na ako ang mamatay wag lang siya!" Peralta said.
"E, gago ka pala e! Paano ka nakakasiguro na bubuhayin ang anak mo kung susugod ka dun mag-isa at mamamatay ka? Ano sabay kayo?" Maine said, lecturing him!
"I ask you again, how well do you trust me?" Maine asked.
"Ibibigay ko buhay ko, Captain! Tulungan mo lang akong mailigtas ang anak ko!" Umiiyak na sabi ni Peralta.
"Then be ready! YOU will back me up!" Maine said.
"Lt. Faulkerson, untie him! Sir, give him weapons he need to play his role! And please be ready with mine! I will just change and proceed with the rescue now! Paolo, be ready with the tapes, I need to tape all my wounds! I need to feel numb! Lt. Santos, contact general, I need the coast guard in the area, doon ko idadaan ang mag-ama pag nailigtas ko na sila! At kayo, antabay kayo sa radio for communication! Contact MPD if in case the situation got out of hand!" Maine said to everyone.
"But Captain, baka traydurin ka niya?" The artillery expert told him.
"Then let him! He can kill me anytime, I am ready! But make sure that I am dead or babalikan ko siya ng doble!" Maine retort back.
"At ikaw, do whatever you think is right! If you need to take me down, do it! You will be my partner here, and I will give you free reign to whatever you want to do! I am ready!" Maine said, looking directly on Peralta's eyes!  Peralta look away.
"What the hell -- ? Maine, ano ba ginagawa mo? Hindi ako papayag, I would rather tie you down here bago ako pumayag, pag nangyaring masama sa iyo, patay ako kina Tatay!" Nico said.
"Don't worry, Nico! I have three life insurances, kaya may makukuha pa rin kayo sa akin pag nawala ako!" Maine said, smiling and teasing her brother!
"Tumigil ka! Hindi ako nagbibiro!" Nico said.
"Pinagbigyan ko na lahat ng gusto mo but this one I will not allow you to go!" Nico said.
"You will, Nico! You will kasi alam mong walang pwedeng gumawa nito kung hindi ako lang! At bata ang nangangailangan ng tulong!" Maine said.
"Pero bakit si Peralta ang magiging backup mo? Kung traydurin ka niyan? Pinagtaksilan ka na niya, hindi ka ba natatakot na barilin ka niya patalikod? Bullshit naman, Menggay o!" Nico said, frustrated torn between the child and Maine's welfare!
"Ako na lang backup mo! At least sigurado ka na hindi kita babarilin patalikod!" Richard said, nagpipilit kumalma! Pakiramdam niya nanginginig siya sa galit at anytime sasabog siya!
"No, alam nyo na si Peralta ang pinaka effective na kasangga ko ngayon! At siya lang ang nakakaalam ng buong area! He had been there several times already!" Maine said casually.
"How did you know? We just roam the area!" Richard asked her.
"Coz, he didn't even flinch during your interrogation! You asked about the building and he describe it precisely! Tama ba ako, Peralta?" Maine said, looking at Peralta.
"Y-yes Captain! Been there when they talked to me about this connivance! I am sorry!" Peralta said.
"Now you know the reason.  Peralta get ready! Paolo come with me!" Maine said.
Before Paolo could take Maine upstairs, Richard drag her right away by the arms!
Maine was surprised and went without protest nor a squeak!
Richard inside the room and let her sit.  He got the bandage and ...

Richard : I will come with the two of you and I don't want to hear any protest!

Maine : E gago ka pala e...
He was about to say, when he saw a punch was about to be deliver on his jawline, but mas mabilis siya, nahawakan niya ang kamay ng dalaga at biglang balik sa labi nito! Smack lang pero natulala si Maine, actually (pag gamit kahit hindi pa Sabado - A/N) pati si Richard. Ilang minuto din silang natulala at nakatitig lang sa bawat isa ng kumilos si Maine at nasapol na talaga siya sa panga!

"Maine! Richard! What is happening?" Paolo blurted out when he saw Richard was lying now in the floor, holding his injured jaw and Maine, her knuckles is still up in the air, beet red and enraged!

"Paolo, throw that bastard out! Have everything ready in ten minutes! We'll be out of here! Please make sure everyone's up and about!" Maine said and turned her back to Richard and Paolo to continue her bandaging.

"What did you do thus time, Faulkerson?" Paolo asked with disgust...

"Ummm, I-- k--issed h-er!" Richard said, lutang pa din!

"What? What did you do, nitwit?" Paolo shouted at him...

"Ummm, hinalikan ko siya!" Richard said, may kasamang kamot sa batok, kinikilig!

"Naku! Dapat lang pala talaga sa iyong masapak! Siraulo ka!" Paolo said.

"Bakit ba kasi ganun ang reaksiyon niya? Siguro naman, hindi ito ang first time mahalikan ni Captain?" Sabi ni Richard na medyo kinakabahan na din sa reaksiyon ni Paolo! Aba, masakit ang kamao ni Captain, pero lalaki pa din si Paolo malamang masakit din iyon! Masisira na talaga ang mukha niya!

"Gago ka, first kiss niya yun!" Paolo said sabay batok dito!

"Aray, masakit na yun ha? Hindi na ako natutuwa! E ano kung first kiss niya --- !" Richard was about to say...

First kiss niya...

First kiss...

First kiss niya yun...

"What the fuck --- ako ang una? Kahit sabihin smack lang yun, ako pa rin ang unang nakahalik sa kanya? Shittttt... Bakit parang sasabog ang puso ko sa saya???

" wooohhh!!!" Biglang napasigaw si Richard na ikinagulat ng lahat...