Smile On The Inside (Orchid x Otis)

(Orchid x Otis)

"Come on! Move it, Sherman! We've got to get this done by sundown," ordered Orchid, as she walked around the start of the walls to their gigantic sand castle. 

The whole entire Odd Squad was having a contest on who could build the best one. She was determined for her and Ohlm to win, mainly to prove she was the best, but also to catch the attention of a certain, blue-eyed boy, Otis. 

"Olympia! We need to focus on the decorations after we build it," Otis was telling his partner in the spot in the distance across from Orchid and Ohlm's. 

It was right next to a big pile of sand, that was always in the beach room they were currently in. 

"I know, but it's so much fun to decide what it's gonna look like! Plus, Ms. O is giving us style points," Olympia grinned enthusiastically. 

Otis sighed as he looked down at the sand, wondering how he ever got involved in this. They had to create a sand castle with their partner though, or one Ms. O assigned them for the day if they didn't have one. That's why Oona was working with Ocean, and Owen with Ohio. 

"Dude, we should make a moat, so maybe we'd see some sea turtles swim across," Ocean suggested. 

"Why would we do that? Don't they need to get to the ocean," questioned Oona with a confused, squinted eye. 

"Because I'm starting up a sea turtle section in the Creature Room," Ocean shared. 

"Why would you put a regular animal in there," wondered Oona, still not understanding him. 

"They're not animals. Technically, they're reptiles," Ocean noted. 

"Ugh, fine. We can have a moat for the sea turtles," Oona sighed in annoyance, as she went ahead and began digging around their main structure. 

"Cool," Ocean beamed, helping her right away. 

"Of course I know what I'm doing, I'm a doctor," exclaimed Dr. O with a nod, another few feet away. 

"Obviously our sense of humor isn't matched. What I meant was, you're doing a good job, but it's way too close to the tide," Oksana said in her mono-toned voice. 

"What's next," called out Dr. O as she threw her hands up. 

"Seriously, what's next? I can't believe Ms. O paired us together," argued Dr. O. 

Then there was the complete opposite right next to them of Oriele and Orielle working in perfect synchronization. 

"We should put...," began one of them. 

"A door...," continued the other one. 

"Right here," the first one finished with a big smile. 

"Olaf! You can't keep crushing the castle," complained Oren loudly with his partner. 

Olaf only howled in response up at the bright sky, Oren shaking his head with his arms crossed. 

"Aw, Oz, thanks for reaching that high spot for me," Octavia was actually thanking her invisible partner. 

"No problem," Oz responded happily. 

"OSCAR," shouted Ms. O louder than anyone. 

"Yes, Ms. O," Oscar asked as he stumbled into view. 

"Hand me a sea star," Ms. O instructed, since she was standing on the second floor's balcony on their castle. 

"On it, Ms. O," Oscar called, rushing towards the ocean to find one.