Opposite Partners-Part 1 (Olive x Otis)

A/N: Hey guys, this is a one shot that I wrote back in June. I decided to maybe share some of the stories I never posted, since I don't currently have any newly written ones. I hope you like it, and there's another author's note at the end. <3

(Olive x Otis)

"Wait, does this mean we have to get married?"

"No!"

When Olive had blurted out that answer she had meant it. She just didn't feel that way about Otto. Sure, she trusted him more than most people, but just as friends. Ever since Todd, she didn't know if she would ever be able to trust another person with her heart. Heartbreak was the worst feeling, so she planned on doing everything to avoid it.

"Otis didn't go to the academy."

Otis had a haunting past of his own, one that he never opened up to others about, not even why he feared ducks because that would reveal too much. Trust was something that had to be earned, and even though he trusted his partner, Olympia, he still feared when she would discover the truth about him.

It was the toughest case that Olive and Otto had to solve yet, and Ms. O figured they could use some recruitments. She sent her two, current best agents, Otis and Olympia, to accomplish the mission. Actually, it was Olive and Otto's first top secret case, and Ms. O remembered one of hers with Oscar. They were never easy.

"I can't believe we're going on a top secret case! And not just with anyone, but Olive and Otto." Olympia nearly squealed, once they arrived at the Odd Squad Olive and Otto were in charge of.

"Yeah, well hopefully this won't be an opportunity for them to see how mistakey we are," Otis emphasized, his arms locked behind his back. They were then waiting patiently in Olive and Otto's office.

"We don't make mistakes. We're like giraffes. King of the jungle." Olympia bobbed her head some with a wide smile as she said that.

"Lions are king of the jungle," he corrected her.

"Oh," Olympia simply reacted.

"And I thought I already told you that before."

"Ugh... I keep forgetting," Olympia expressed in frustration, before the two people they were waiting for arrived.

"Olympia. Otis," Olive spoke with a curt nod.

"She said my name... Eek...," Olympia leaned over to tell Otis.

Her partner just nodded his head with his eyes widened slightly, on how much she could fangirl.

Soon enough the assignment was explained to them, and they agreed it would be best if they split up, except they agreed it would be a good idea if they switched partners. That way they could have a fresh outlook on the situation. Otis didn't seem too thrilled though. He didn't like things to change, even if it was only temporary.

"Why don't I go with Otis this time? I worked with Olympia last time," Olive pointed out, meaning when they saved the world.

Otis relaxed a little bit, knowing he didn't have to be with Otto. He didn't dislike him, but they were sort of like opposites, except for their talent in dancing.

"Let's go," Olive stated seriously, Otis stumbling after her as she hurried out of the room.

Soon they had arrived in a strange forest, where they needed to decode a message to find a glowing, white, water lily.