You'll Be In My Heart (Oprah x O'Donahue)

(Oprah x O'Donahue)

"Come stop your crying

It will be alright

Just take my hand

And hold it tight

I will protect you

From all around you

I will be here

Don't you cry"

O'Donahue turned off his cd player, before going over to adjust his classic, light blue Hawaiian shirt one last time. He was prepared for this event, with his hair gelled with the just the right amount of being messy. All he needed to do now was hop into the nearest tube entrance, and he would be right there.

When he arrived in the special entrance in his past partner's office, he never expected her to subconsciously be adjusting her suit jacket in a full length mirror.

"Hey, Oprah," he greeted.

The shorter girl turned around, an almost frantic look on her face, especially since she didn't expect him to arrive so soon. "Hey, O'Donahue..." She sniffled a couple of times, which instantly caused a frown to appear on his face. She rarely if ever cried.

"Oprah..."

"Don't say it," she stated sternly, but he ended up wrapping his arms around her instead. "What are you doing?! You know I'm not much of a hugger!" She wasn't struggling at all though, and if anything she had relaxed once she was in his embrace.

"You know I'll always be there for you, Ops. You can talk to me about anything," he told her.

She nodded her head slightly, taking a moment to breathe before speaking to him. "It's about this 100 years of service. I just can't believe it's been that long. Sometimes I worry that one day I'll forget what it was like to be a kid."

"But you're still a kid, Oprah, we all are," he responded.

She shook her head some. "No, I mean really being a kid. The times when my parents were still around, when the squad wasn't all that I had. Sometimes I worry about losing everything..."

Just then they both jerked their heads towards the direction of the trumpet player practicing outside her door.

"The ceremony's going to start any moment, Ops. You know I totally want to talk this through with you, but we can't keep everyone waiting," O'Donahue reluctantly said.

She sighed as she agreed, "I know..."

That's when she put on her best smile and cheerful attitude, O'Donahue shooting her a reassuring smile off and on even as he stood next to her up front. It was all over in a flash, and everyone was sipping on miniature juice boxes, Oprah requesting a cranberry. O'Donahue casually picked up the same flavor as hers. Just then the room got a little wonky, and in the fear that it was an earthquake, O'Donahue gave Oprah a secure hug, but it was as though he plummeted into a world of pure white.

"For one so small,

You seem so strong

My arms will hold you,

Keep you safe and warm

This bond between us

Can't be broken

I will be here

Don't you cry"

Naturally O'Donahue had no clue that three of Oprah's agents had altered the past with a time machine, and now he was just casually doing what he always did in this timeline. He went fishing, except all that he caught were a bunch of singing, plastic fish, since they were the only kind left. He couldn't help but think about his old partner, the one that he had been stuck on since the first day they even met.