Stronger Than Ever (Oprah x O'Donahue)

A/N: I was originally inspired to write this from Taylor Swift's song, "Wildest Dreams," and I wrote the rest of the storyline around it. I hope you enjoy it. (: Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much for reading! <3

(Oprah x O'Donahue)

Oprah sighed as the past memories swirled up out of the old photos she was sifting through. Before she became Ms. O to run her own Odd Squad, she never could have imagined that her career wouldn't always be as an agent. What was even more astonishing was the departure of her relationship with O'Donahue. They rarely conversed with one another, or even sent letters due to the fact that her schedule was too busy to allow it. She had no idea what he was even up to these days. As she gazed at the pictures in black and white, and occasionally a reddish-brown sepia that showcased the image instead, she couldn't help but let memories envelop her.

"I can't believe it...," Oprah breathed as she gaze out at the tropical scene before her. 

The wind was ruffling her cherry red dress just right, while her dark curly hair was whipping around her face. Her bangs were pulled straight back, so she was still able to see. She turned her head as a young boy close to her age stood nearby in the background. He had slightly tossed, slicked back, black hair and a charming smile. His outfit was a proper suit, but underneath his fancy jacket he was sporting a sky blue shirt with a tropical design of gold palm leaves covering it repeatedly. His collar was even turned up a little, showing that he didn't take himself, or even life, too seriously. 

"I know it seems too good to be true, but probably because it is...," he trailed off, walking over to her side. 

"What do you mean, O'Donahue," she questioned, her face clearly puzzled. 

"We have to end things now. I mean, you're going to be running your own Odd Squad soon," he pointed out. 

"But we still stuck together even when I was queen for awhile," Oprah reminded him. 

"I know, but I have a feeling this time things will be different...," he trailed off. "

What makes you say that," wondered Oprah, genuinely curious. 

"Oprah, you'll be busy with agents of your own. You won't have time to go on cases anymore, and I won't want to go on cases without you anymore," he explained. 

"What are you saying," Oprah continued to question, squinting one of her eyes uncertainly for a moment. 

"What I'm saying is it's over between us," he bluntly stated. 

"You don't care about me anymore," asked Oprah, hurt starting to strike her heart. 

"Of course I do. I'll always care about you, Oprah. I'm letting you go, because I care about you. It will be better this way," he pressed. 

Oprah glanced at the ground as this breakup seemed wrong to her, yet she wasn't one to argue with her partner. She was actually quite a calm person around him. 

"Just promise me one thing, O'Donahue," she boldly ordered. 

"What's that," he inquired. 

Oprah sighed before looking into his eyes and speaking, "Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset. Say you'll see me again, even if it's just in your wildest dreams." 

The words seemed to be more of a poetic song than an actual, normal request. 

"That won't be hard, Oprah. You'll always be in my dreams," he reacted, a small smile finding its way onto Oprah's face.