Full Circle (Ms. O x Oscar)

(Ms. O x Oscar)

It was nothing new for Ms. O to constantly be yelling at her agents, filling out paperwork, or working overtime, but she was beginning to lose that feeling of wanting to have fun. When she had free time now, she would just sit at her desk, reading through the new edits for the Odd Squad manual, or something. This had started happening ever since Oscar left the squad, only it was so gradual that the impact was just now hitting her. She was broken out of her trance when she ran into an agent in the hall of doors. 

"Watch where you're going," she snapped, the stress spilling out of her. 

"Sorry, Ms. O," a familiar voice awkwardly apologized. 

It couldn't be... but it was. Those familiar brown eyes proved it, and how could she miss his signature, white lab coat? 

"Hey, Ms. O I thought I would visit the squad today. You know, see some of the agents again. Oona's doing really well," he complimented, but she was frozen in shock. 

"Ms. O...," he hesitantly asked. 

She shook her head before smiling weakly, pushing her growing frizzy hair back from constantly being busy. 

"Well, now that you're here, welcome back," she softly smiled, thinking she imagined it when Oscar blushed while smiling back. 

"So, uh, I see that the doors have changed again," he observed, looking at the different entrances around the hallway. 

"Yeah... but there's one I'm particularly proud of," she grinned, causing him to become curious. 

"Come on," she gently ordered, motioning him to follow her with her hand. 

On the way there though, Oscar took a break outside a different room. 

"How's the Party Supply Room coming along? I know they were upgrading it when I left," he recalled. 

"Why don't you see for yourself," Ms. O faintly smirked, effortlessly pushing the door open. 

"Woah...," Oscar trailed off at the glow of mountains of decorations. 

"What do you say, we have our own party in the Party Supply Room," Ms. O suggested, Oscar instantly agreeing. 

Soon he was wearing a shiny, green top hat, while Ms. O was carrying a bundle of purple and yellow balloons. They were also dancing to the best music, and for the first time in ages, Ms. O was having so much fun, that she didn't even realize when her hair had fallen out of its bun. Oscar stopped dancing as he stared at her a little, it really hitting him how beautiful she truly was. 

"This is fun," Ms. O exclaimed as though she was a little girl, and not a top boss. 

"Yeah, fun," Oscar struggled to smile, still in a state of awe. 

"What's wrong, Oscar? Why have you stopped dancing," Ms. O questioned, clearly confused as she let the balloons float to the ceiling. 

"Nothing, I've gotta go," Oscar stammered out, before almost tripping as he ran out of there. 

Ms. O sighed but then rage filled her, of how she finally felt happy again, and the source of her happiness just left. She started busting up all of the decorations, not even comprehending what she was doing. She had bottled up these feelings for far too long, and they had to come out sometime. Soon all that surrounded her was a mess of glitter, shiny objects, popped balloons, and piles of confetti. It looked more like the after math of a wild party, than a train wreck. Ms. O was just glad that no one would need to use the Party Supply Room for awhile, or so she thought. Soon after, Dr. O was leaving to be a doctor in space, and Olympia had the idea of throwing her a going away party.