History (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"So, I'll see you tonight," wondered Otis's current girlfriend, Oona. 

"Sure," he forced out, but he wasn't able to do the same with his vacant smile. 

Oona smiled weakly herself as she walked away from him, watching the cemented sidewalk the whole time. Deep down she knew that Otis was beginning to pull away. It had been a few years since they were no longer in Odd Squad, mostly just to experience college life, and things like that. As soon as they quit their jobs, although Ms. O expected them to still come back someday, Oona and Otis had started seeing more of each other. Sadly, Olympia wasn't able to join them, because she had decided to go to an academy farther away than them. Eventually excited phone calls, turned to casual phone calls, and then occasional texts, until there was nothing at all. Sure, Olympia still found time to catch up with Oona, but for some strange reason, she hadn't done the same for Otis. Even though Otis shook it off quickly, the more time passed, the more he missed her. Recently all he could do was sift through flashbacks of them in Odd Squad, and they hurt more than ever. He had no clue that lately Olympia had been going through the same thing, except she had a song on repeat, that even her boyfriend, Ryan, from college didn't know about.

"Baby, you're so perfect

But he's the perfect one for me

I know that you're worth it

But somethin' 'bout him gets to me

Gets to me, all I need

Plus, we got history

I used to love him, he used to love me

Yeah, we go way, way, way, way back

We love, love, love like that

Now, I still love him, and he still loves me

Yeah, we go way, way, way, way back

We love, love, love like that"

"Olympia! Are you ready to go," Ryan called to her, as he gently rapped on the door to her dorm room. 

"Yeah," she shot out, pausing the quiet playing song on her laptop, before nearly slamming the lid. 

She fixed her long, flowing, curly auburn hair, and then faked her best, award-winning smile. 

"I'm ready," she breathed, but for once it wasn't because he rendered her breathless. 

She felt haunted though by that familiar tune trying to re-enter her ears...

"Baby, you're so perfect

But he's the perfect one for me"

She shook her head though to stow the melody away, walking with her surfer boy styled, blonde haired boyfriend, with ocean blue eyes. After all, any girl would be jealous, right? But then there was Otis, with the darker blonde hair, and the even more beautiful, blue eyes... She shook her head again to rid herself of the nagging thoughts.

Otis was finally standing in front of the mirror, as he adjusted his royal blue hoodie for his date that night. He happened to hear some words on the radio that struck his heart.

"Sorry, I don't really see this workin' out

It's nothin' you did

I just can't do this right now