Gorgeous (Octavia x Otis)

(Octavia x Otis)

Octavia hadn't been at the squad for a long time, but it was only because she was sent off on a top secret mission with Oz. It had taken them months to crack the case, but they finally had, and now she was in headquarters again, which felt odd. Everything had changed so drastically, since the fight with Odd Todd, and Olive and Otto were even no longer there. Octavia had no idea that the gorgeous, blue-eyed boy was one of the replacements though.

It was just another typical day at the squad, and she was wheeling her long, metal wagon wheel filled with cans of food to the Dinosaur Room. She was thankful that she read the clock right this time, so they were getting their lunch exactly on schedule. 

"Who are you," the mystery boy couldn't help but wonder, when he happened to run into her. 

He appeared confused, and she had never seen anyone's eyebrows look squiggly like that. 

"Oh. I'm Octoovia, I mean, Octavia, bleh," she corrected, him jerking his head back a bit in surprise. 

"Usually Ocean feeds the dinosaurs," he observed. 

"Yeah, well, I was on a top secret mission with my partner, Oz. He's invisible... Anyway, it used to always be my job to feed the dinosaurs," Octavia awkwardly explained. 

"This is super awkward," Ocean commented, as he suddenly showed up with an identical wagon wheel of dinosaur food. 

"Maybe you two should talk to Ms. O about this," the other boy suggested, before walking away. 

Octavia was disappointed that he had left, but no coherent words would come out of her mouth to stop him.

Soon she had found out that Ocean was in charge of feeding the dinosaurs, which made her feel a bit sad. Even though it was a drag, she had gotten so used to taking on that responsibility. It felt as though she was walking into a different Odd Squad. Dr. O was gone, Oscar, Olive, Otto, Oren, Olaf... who was even left she used to know besides Orchid, Owen, and Ms. O, of course. She didn't really get to know Ohlm before she left. She even found out that there was a new person working in the food department, so she wasn't even sure if Oksana was still around. Octavia felt frustrated as she strolled through the hall of doors, most of them not looking familiar, except for maybe the Banana Room. 

"Hey... Octavia, right," wondered the blue-eyed boy from before. 

"Yeah, that's me," she weakly smiled, barely lifting her head. 

"What's wrong," they softly asked. 

"Everything," she sighed. 

"Odd Squad's just not the same as I remembered it. So many people are no longer around, and it even looks different. I don't even recognize the lab," she explained sadly. 

"Hey, it was all new for me too when I started working here," he attempted to reassure her. 

"But I worked here before, and I liked the way things were. Why did they have to change," she questioned quietly. 

"Well, if it hadn't changed I wouldn't be working here," he pointed out. 

"I didn't say all the changes were bad," she responded, reluctantly looking up and into his blue eyes for a fleeting moment.

"You're so gorgeous, I can't say anything to your face

'Cause look at your face

And I'm so furious at you for making me feel this way