Christmas Magic (Oona x Xavier)

(Oona x Xavier)

Dazzling colors lit up the entire the squad as they were strung from every corner, across every banister. There was the constant smell of warm, delicious cookies, or even any kind of dessert. Ohlm especially liked the Jell-O. There was only one explanation for this kind of atmosphere, Christmas was fast approaching.

"Hey, Oona, do you have any Christmas gadgets I could use," wondered Olympia, grinning happily.

"I do not, but... I plan on making some this year," Oona smiled positively.

"Great! I'll just be doing my paperwork over there at my desk... Let me know as soon as they're done. I can't wait!" The auburn almost squealed, before bounding back to where her partner was.

Oona sighed softly, since she didn't even know where to begin. Did she start off with snow, food, a cure for antler-itis? She shuddered when she recalled all of the people that were still walking around, unable to find hats that fit. She decided that the antler issue should be her top priority. She wasted no time in creating the gadget, which not only could give you antlers for fun, but also fix the inconvenient disease. She was surprised the doctors hadn't created a medicine for that yet. It just seemed to be more their department.

"Oona," a mono-tone voice spoke, not sounding pleased.

The female scientist jumped, not expecting someone to be right there, and unfortunately also set off her gadget before dropping it. Her mouth hung open as the boy with black, short hair stood there, not looking amused.

"What did you just zap me with," he demanded calmly.

"Uh... Nothing! Nothing at all," Oona exclaimed, discreetly getting the device so she could switch its effect.

It was too late though, for the boy, that was none other than half of the X's there at Odd Squad, had already picked up a nearby, triangle, green hand mirror.

"I am not pleased with this. Change it back," he spoke.

"Right away," Oona agreed, squinting her eyes in fear of what he might do to her.

As soon as he was back to normal, she awaited the punishment that was bound to come.

"Be more careful with your gadgets. This is your first warning. Get three, and you're out!"

"I didn't know you liked baseball," Oona gathered from his statement.

"I don't. I don't even like sports. Now get back to work," he exclaimed, although his partner yelled a lot louder than that.

"Where's Xena," Oona questioned after slightly nodding to his order.

"She's on vacation. Specifically Christmas vacation."

"Why aren't you," Oona softly asked, but he just stared at her, almost seeming to be in a trance.

"I don't like Christmas. This conversation is over." He then was walking away, leaving Oona confused and feeling traces of... pity?

It was a few days later, and Oona was pretty proud of her latest invention. She practiced zapping the snowman in place one last time, only she didn't see a certain person strolling by. Her eyes widened when she saw Xavier's brown eyes, peeking through a snow covered head. He was part of the snowman, or rather inside of it, his arms sticking out.

"Warning number two," he said sternly, trying to hide any ounce of aggravation he felt.

"I am so sorry! It won't happen again!" Oona rapidly apologized, digging around behind her back for a solution, but she had forgotten to pack any gadgets yet. It was only 8 in the morning so far.