Never Been That Different After All (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Olympia couldn't contain herself any longer as she felt like screaming with joy on the inside. She had just scored a couple of free movie tickets to see the Disney film, "Frozen," at the movie theater. Even though she had seen it a good fifty times or more, and also memorized every single song, she was ecstatic to share the storyline with Otis. He did like movies after all... She finally found Otis sitting at his desk with his feet casually propped up, him reading a random magazine. 

"Hey, whatcha readin'," she asked as her long, auburn ponytail continued to sway for a few moments. 

"Nothing," he stammered out, which only worsened her suspicions. 

He appeared worried as she took the magazine from him, her simply smiling when she saw that it was the Odd Squad one that she had created weeks ago. It had been the latest fad, yet he had been the only one she hadn't caught reading it. She wondered why he wanted to keep it a secret so bad. 

"Did you like my last article about Owen's gourmet cooking," she questioned excitedly. 

"Yes...," Otis reluctantly admitted, dipping his head in defeat at his newfound secret. 

"I'm so happy that you read this. I hope you didn't get to my review of the movie, "Frozen," yet," she commented. 

"I haven't. Why," wondered Otis, clearly puzzled with his eyebrows slightly scrunched together. 

"Because we have tickets to go see it at the movies," she proudly announced, holding up the small pieces of paper. 

"I don't like musicals," he claimed. 

"Since when? We told Oona the story about the Cherry-On-Topinator as a musical, and you saved me when we sang on Orchid's Almost Half Hour Talent Show," Olympia reminded him. 

"That was different. There was dancing involved too, which is my strong suit, and I've got so much work...," he trailed off. 

"Otis! Usually I'm the one rambling, and you've sang before without dancing," she pointed out. 

"Fine. I'll go," he finally caved with a sigh. 

"Thanks partner, you won't regret it," she beamed. 

"I already am...," he murmured, that hurting Olympia as she couldn't figure out what was up with him recently. 

He had been sort of distant and even rude, which was even harder with their usual, in-sync personalities. When they showed up that night at the movie theater he was wearing a stylish blue flannel with black, plaid lines and a pair of dark jeans. Olympia was sporting a simple, pale pink dress with short sleeves. She merely grinned at him as he stood there without a single word, both of them walking into the building. Otis's arms remained behind his back the entire time even as she handed the worker the tickets, and they strolled through the lobby. 

"Do you want anything from the snack counter, partner? They have popcorn," Olympia happily informed him. 

Otis shuddered as he shook his head some. 

"No thanks, ever since the incident when we were maintenance workers for a day, I've lost my appetite for popcorn," he claimed. 

"Oh yeah," Olympia recalled as she looked down in disappointment. 

She ended up ordering a large soda anyway, trying her best to stay positive, even though this was not going as she had planned. During the entire movie she glanced at Otis off and on, who either wore no expression on his face, or was so serious she pondered over whether he was absorbing anything or not. Soon the night was dwindling to a close, and they were outside, where a black sky and twinkling stars had replaced the fiery orange of the sunset. Then an idea struck Olympia as she decided that maybe she could trick her partner into cheering up. 

"You know it's crazy," she spoke, not elaborating on that statement as she stood directly beside Otis. 

His arms were wrapped tighter around his back than ever. 

"What," he asked, looking over at her with only his eyes in confusion. 

He then turned his head when she had spoken for a bit again. 

"We finish each other's hamburgers," she slightly sang. 

Otis couldn't fight the tiny smile attacking his face as he truthfully agreed, "That's what I was going to say." 

"I've never met someone who thinks so much like me," she continued. 

Otis then jumped in saying with her, "Jinx!" 

That's when they locked pinkies, and then did the same with their other hands when Olympia exclaimed with him, "Jinx again!" 

"Our mental synchronization can have but one explanation, you and I were just meant to be," they sang, parts of it individual and the others at the exact same moment. 

Was Otis blushing from those lyrics? 

"Say goodbye to the pain of the past, we don't have to feel it anymore," Olympia enunciated, Otis's heart secretly warming up. 

It was as though she was talking about his top secret past that no one knew about. Well, except for maybe Ms. O, and a few other villains... Otis shook his head back to reality as he jumped into the now vacant parking lot, his arms spread far apart as he threw his head back and bellowed, 

"Love is an open door!" 

Olympia almost didn't respond as she stood behind him with her mouth hanging open in total shock. 

When he looked at her though, she helped him to finish the song as she expressed the next part, "Love is an open door!" 

"Life can be so much more, with you," they sang in sync on the first bit, Olympia taking the second. 

"With you," exclaimed Otis following her lead. 

"Love is an open door," Olympia finished softly. 

"Can I just say something crazy," questioned Otis. 

Olympia's hard began thudding as she remembered the characters' lines from the movies. 

"I love crazy...," Olympia trailed off softly in a daze. 

"Will you be my girlfriend," Otis wondered, actually on one knee as sweat beaded on his forehead. He had just realized what he had said. 

"Can I say something even crazier? Yes," Olympia stated with confidence, and a small smile dancing across her lips. 

Otis grinned sheepishly as he stood off of the uncomfortable ground. 

"I'm sorry I haven't been myself lately. I guess I don't do well under pressure," he confided. 

"Why did you feel like you were under pressure? It's just me," Olympia reassured him. 

"Because I wanted it to go well. You mean a lot to me, Olympia, and for the record, I do like musicals. Just don't go telling everyone," he requested. 

"I won't," Olympia promised as she held out a squeal at this turn of events. 

"Good," Otis told her with a curt nod, then he was taking her hand, Olympia's heart beating funny in the best way possible. 

"The night's not over yet," he observed, her puzzled by what he meant. 

"Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore," he sang loudly, his eyes landing on her when she remained silent. 

"You going to join me, partner," he asked. 

Olympia shook her head out of her daze and plastered on her genuine, wide smile she typically wore, yet it felt better with Otis. 

"Can't hold it back anymore," she joyfully joined in, both of them singing as they ventured beneath the blanket of stars. 

Olympia was the only one who ever got to see Otis's personality, and how hers had molded into his own. They had never been that different after all.

A/N: And to think this idea literally revolved around my idea of the twist on the song, "Love Is An Open Door," from, "Frozen." "I mean it's crazy. What? We finish each other's... Hamburgers. That's what I was going to say!" XD Lol. I hope you enjoyed this one shot. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thanks so much! (: