Oranges (Otis x Ms. O)

(Otis x Ms. O)

Otis was closing his eyes in total contentment, as he ate his most favorite fruit in the world. The orange slice was so sweet, yet zesty at the same time, and he just couldn't get over how amazing it tasted. He may have strongly disliked pizza and pickles, but when it came to this food, he strongly loved it.

"Who took the last orange slice?!" Ms. O was furious, since she hadn't even had one yet that day.

Otis looked guiltily down at his yellow plate, with enough pieces to make up three, complete oranges. He might have gotten a little carried away...

Ms. O scanned the room before her eyes landed on Otis, the agent guiltily still holding an empty orange slice halfway to his mouth. She wasn't that upset until she saw the filled plate.

When she stormed up to him though, she just couldn't bring herself to yell.

"I'm sorry, Ms. O. I didn't realize I had gotten carried away. Besides, the best part isn't when you're actually eating the orange slices..."

"It's the moment before you have them, where anything seems possible..." They both finished that statement, staring up and into space in a bit of a daze.

When they finally got back to reality though, their eyes met for a brief moment, widening as they realized how in sync they had just said that.

"I think I have some paperwork to turn in," Otis rapidly made up, hurrying away.

"And I... have a top secret case," fabricated Ms. O.

Even if they created space between them, they couldn't erase the special moment they just shared.

It was quite awhile later, and Otis found Ms. O appearing sad on the couch in her office. He normally didn't do things like this, but he decided to pop in and see how she was doing.

"Hi, Ms. O," he greeted seriously, his arms behind his back.

"Hey, Otis..." She sounded even more depressed than she looked.

"What's wrong," he hesitantly asked, but just then Ms. O had to call for Olympia too.

There was a hot hand case, and a man had red palms that could literally boil water.

To top it all off, Olympia had been dealing with the problem all day of another Olympia returning, and soon she couldn't take the pressure, and was forced to compete to keep her name.

Otis thought it was all over. That was until Ms. O introduced the new recruit, Agent Otis. It infuriated him enough that someone shared the same name, but what didn't help was the thought of Ms. O associating his original name with someone else.

He effortlessly pulled off his tie, it fluttering to the ground as a red streamer. It wasn't long before Coach O was announcing his battle with the other Otis.

"The first part of the competition will be to see who can answer this question. Why did the chicken cross the road," wondered Coach O.

"To get to Odd Squad," answered the other Otis.

The original Otis glared as he replied seriously, "To get to the other side."

"Winner!" Otis smirked slightly from Coach O announcing his win, and he was ready to face anything else that came his way.

"Show off your best fight move," demanded Coach O.

The other Otis did a karate chop, yelling as he did, and then it was the original Otis's turn, who was not only able to do the same, but do a few impressive jumps as well.