Our Special Place (Oprah x O'Donahue)

(Oprah x O'Donahue)

Oprah had been dancing all day in her special studio room. She was wearing a typical, 80's workout ensemble, which resembled a purple, one piece swimsuit, and she also had tall, yellow socks pulled up to her knees, along with a pair of white shoes. Her leggings were black, and her hair was very curly with a bright yellow headband across her forehead, which held it back. O'Donahue had never bothered to check out her secret room until now.

"Hey Oprah," he called over the booming music, effortlessly pushing the door aside.

"O'Donahue?!" Ms. O pressed a button on the black boombox, silence suddenly filling the space. "What are you doing here?!" She was not happy at all, and her temper was already beginning to show.

O'Donahue held up his hands innocently, sporting a neon green Hawaiin shirt he had with smaller, blue palm leaves scattered on it. "Just wanted to see your special room, Oprah. You've been so secretive about it."

"I'm a Ms. O, I need to have something I can just keep to myself." She was wiping the sweat off her forehead with a purple washcloth nearby.

"The pressure's really gotten to you, huh, Ops?"

"I'm fine," she snapped, still not facing him.

"It's totally okay. I can understand how the responsibilities-"

"I said I'm fine," she yelled, staring him down, but he saw the true pain in her eyes.

"Okay, okay, just wanted to help you feel better," he claimed.

"You shouldn't be here. Out," she ordered, giving him a stern look, but he didn't budge. "NOW!"

He barely flinched before striding out of there. "You can't fool me, Ops! Maybe everyone else, but not me."

Oprah sighed, since she knew that what he said was true.

It was weeks later, and Oprah had spent more and more time in her room, that no one else knew about. Well, besides her old partner, O'Donahue. It was one of the worst days of her life. She had had to fill out more then one hundred cases, answer about fifty phone calls, and show some new recruits around headquarters.

Finally she was free to relax in her one secret place, her sanctuary. She had never danced so hard in her entire life, and after the first song, her calves were beginning to ache. She hadn't even realized that one person she had yelled at to stay away had been standing there.

"O'Donahue! I thought I told you never to come back here!" Her face was lowered, and she was nearly growling from anger.

"Sorry, Ops, but I couldn't just let you suffer alone. We used to be partners, and now you won't even tell me anything. We used to talk about our hopes and goals, and whenever there was a problem we solved it together. We didn't have secret rooms, or really any secrets. It was just the two of us." He then added extra quietly off to the side. "And that's part of what made you different than Olga..."

Oprah's shoulders sagged when she heard what he said on the end. She then walked over to her music player, and picked a certain track, walking over to her past partner, who was studying the ground.

She gently placed her hand on his arm, carefully tugging on it to lead him into the middle of the floor. It wasn't the biggest room, but it had enough space.

"Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Ooh, heaven is a place on earth

They say in heaven, love comes first