Centigurps (Octavia x Otto)

(Octavia x Otto)

"Aw..." Octavia had just opened a wide, cylinder container, and what was inside was cuter than she could have ever imagined.

It was a round, pink, fuzzy creature, and its sound was even adorable, almost as though it was making a cooing noise. Otto had just handed it to her in the Storage Room, and despite it being her job to store the object, she had decided to discover what was inside first. All of a sudden her serenity was severed when the little guy hopped out, multiplying to at least one hundred others.

"Hey! No! That's not good," she called, desperately reaching for the bouncing spheres.

"Help!" She cried at the top of her lungs, as the fluffy animal fled the room.

In a matter of seconds, her sneakers were smacking against the hard flooring, occasionally producing a squeak instead. She skidded to a stop, when she finally saw a cluster of the creature she was chasing. They were happily sticking to a basketball that was floating in mid-air, but of course in Octavia's haste, she didn't notice this oddity.

She then could hear a yell in the background, causing her to rush there.

"Ah! How did this happen," exclaimed none other than Otto. The centigurps were having a hay day with his red, bouncy ball.

"Sorry, Otto," exclaimed Octavia, snatching up the loud creatures.

"I thought you had this under control!" His voice almost cracked as it rose an octave or two.

"I did! I didn't mean to let them out! They just sounded so cute, and they were, but now they're everywhere! And if Ms. O finds out..."

Otto's eyes widened as he nodded in understanding. "Don't worry, I'm on it."

He effortlessly scooped up a group of the pink fuzzballs, that were fascinated by the wheels on his chair.

"Thanks, Otto," Octavia breathed.

He nodded his head slightly before saying, "We need to get some boxes from Oscar. There's no way we can capture, and count all of these centigurps without them."

Octavia found herself nodding in agreement, the duo expertly sneaking into the lab, and grabbing enough containers.

"So, there are one hundred of these," she wondered, as Otto carefully placed a few in the special compartments.

"Yeah, and they like spheres," he clarified, still busy on rounding up the critters.

Octavia couldn't help but notice how attractive Otto was when he was concentrating on something. His entire face would turn serious, and he would even furrow his eyebrows a bit as he got lost in his thoughts. It was such a contrast to his usual, carefree behavior.

"You check the gumball machine. I'll check the Cake Room," he suddenly spoke, breaking Octavia out of her racing thoughts.

"Okay," she weakly agreed, running in that direction. Sure enough she found at least a dozen of the creatures, and she reckoned they must be close to capturing them all.

They shared their findings with one another, only to realize they were missing one centigurp.

Octavia's shoulders slumped as she felt hopeless all over again. The only way they could zap them into one creature was if they found every single one.

They were soon on the great search again, and Octavia almost ran into someone when she entered a darkened hallway. One of the lights had burned out, which was the reason for the lack of light.