Carrots And Onions (Owen x Olive)

(Owen x Olive)

"Agent Owen always helps me out," Olive assured Oscar, going to the head of security to find out why O'Brian was angry with her.

O'Brian had been tube blocking her, and she was clueless to the reason, but she was in for a surprise, when Owen's response was less than expected.

"I can't help you out," he claimed.

Olive wondered why, but Owen explained how he had been forbidden to travel out of headquarters for three days, resulting in missing his own birthday last time he had trouble with O'Brian. He would never confess that part of the reason why he also refused to give her help, was because those beautiful, brown eyes intimidated him. Without being aware, he had grown to have a crush on the fearless agent. The symptoms were getting worse as she requested his help later on, and he felt that he made a total fool out of himself.

"Can you get closer to the image," Olive requested, meaning his monitors, since she was doing some investigating for a case.

Without a second thought, the boy with blondish/brown hair walked right up to the bright glow.

"I meant zoom in," Olive clarified.

"Yeah," he awkwardly responded, planting himself on his office chair again.

"Can you get closer," Olive wondered, after she had studied the picture for a bit. "I mean, zoom in."

He smiled gratefully with a small nod, since his brain just wasn't functioning right. He was hyperaware of her presence, and any tiny move she made, including when she breathed.

Time seemed to pass in a blur, and he was annoyed as he shoveled cement onto a brick, so that he could create a wall.  He was complaining, until Olive breezed by, greeting him for a moment. Just her talking to him was enough to completely change his previously sour mood.

"You're right, I get to spend the whole day playing with bricks. This is the best. Thanks, Olive." She didn't appear to fully understand his compliment, but he didn't mind, not even when she miscalculated where one of Oscar's robots was meant to strike next.

There was a period of time where Owen switched over to using onions to power the furnace in headquarters. He noticed that the majority of the agents were either crying, or their eyes were watery, but he just figured they might be sad. He was fine after all. Well, until he saw Olive with tears streaming down her face.

"Olive! What's wrong?! Is it the onions," he exclaimed as he ran up to her desk.

She silently shook her head, grabbing a tissue nearby to wipe away the teardrops.

"What is it then?" Owen was truly worried about her.

"Okay, maybe it is the onions... But I need to show you something in the warehouse," she claimed as she rose from her seat.

"Okay...," he hesitantly dragged out, squinting his eyes in puzzlement.

Soon they were in the shadows of the place, where they stored quite a few odd items.

"So, what did you want to show me," he casually asked.

"Cake-Inator," she seriously stated, zapping a random flavor onto a table nearby.

"I don't understand..." He rose his eyebrows in a confused manner.

"It's because O'Brian caused you to miss your own birthday that one time. I figured that since you helped me to get un-tube blocked, that I should do something nice for you." She rested her hands on her hips, as Owen gravitated towards the dessert with quite a few layers.