She Will Be Loved (Oscar x Oona)

(Oscar x Oona)

"Beauty queen of only eighteen she

Had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her, she

Always belonged to someone else"

Oona felt like she was a fool. Not only had she parted ways with Odd Squad, but for all things, a boy! It turned out that Otis ended up falling for Olympia, so while they were happy together, she was sulking in her room. The neon green and white sheets still fell perfectly across her bed, which were one of the indications of her love of the Odd Squad science department. All of that was over now, since she had resigned to grow up, and now she was stuck with the irreversible age of eighteen. She cringed at the mere thought of those countless years spent with the wrong guy, and giving up everything she truly loved. A sigh escaped her lips as she leaned her head against her hand, staring depressingly out the rain speckled window.

Meanwhile, a certain dorky scientist was traveling in his first, official, electric green car. He had quit being involved with Odd Squad too, putting his best co-worker in charge for being head of the scientist department. He had never told Oona the truth, her just assuming his Grow Old-Inator gadget was the reason why his voice had continued to get deeper, and him to age as well.

"I drove for miles and miles and wound up

At your door

I've been with you so many times, but somehow I want to hang out more"

He effortlessly pulled over to park against Oona's curb, well except for that metal trash can he knocked down. He decided he better fix that, as he unfastened his seat belt. He squinted as the rain began picking up slightly, managing to put the container upright again. Thankfully his glasses blocked some of the molecules of water falling from the sky.

"I don't mind spendin' everyday

Out on your corner in the pourin' rain"

Oscar awkwardly tugged on his dark green hoodie, never really breaking that habit that started with his lab coat. He planted himself on the edge of the sidewalk, gazing up at the looming house before him. He could barely see Oona's silhouette as she stood close to the window upstairs. Taking a deep breath, he ventured towards the sturdy building, ringing the doorbell. It wasn't long before the faint sound of thudding footsteps were heard, and the brunette girl was opening the door.

"Oscar," she asked, always surprised to see him.

Even with one of her closest friends around, there was no denying the pain she constantly suffered through.

"Hey, Oona. I was wondering, well if you're not busy, or anything... If you would want to go to my yo yo show with me. I can get you a front row seat, and we can hang out afterwards..." He couldn't stop getting more awkward around her, as the words kept flowing.

"Sure. I'll get my coat," Oona weakly smiled, but it was still fake. Oscar hadn't seen a real grin from her, since she left Odd Squad.

"Ready to go," Oscar wondered.

"Ready," Oona confirmed, not reacting much when he took her hand. Oscar was internally freaking out though, his palms almost sweating from anxiety.

Oscar couldn't help but work extra hard as he stood in front of the audience. His ultimate goal was to convince Oona to feel joy again, and he even added some humor, as he purposely clumsily did a few of his tricks. He thought he might have caught a slight laugh or two from the girl, but it was brief if anything. Soon he was backstage, but was surprised when she snuck back there.