Her Prince of England (Oona x O'Q)

(Oona x O'Q)

"Nothing to see here, people." Oona was awkwardly hiding a broken gadget behind her back, as she walked sideways slowly. She then darted towards the lab, breathing a sigh of relief, glad to finally be able to gauge the damage done to the item. It was the latest device that could create the perfect juice box for Ms. O. Plus, it was much more efficient/less time consuming than the multiple Oscar bots doing the task. Just then she yelled out and dropped a small piece of metal when a certain agent showed up.

"Cheerio! I have the latest lab coat for you to try," spoke none other than Agent O'Q.

Oona couldn't lie that she was a bit in love with his English accent. Plus, he had nice blonde hair and blue eyes. She shook her head as she tugged on her own lab coat.

"What does it do," she wondered.

"Many things. For example, if you tug on the right side, then you automatically have music play. If you tug on the left side, a screwdriver appears, which you can then use to work on your gadgets. It comes with a manual." He then pulled out a white book with a green logo on it of a beaker on the front. It wasn't as big as the textbook for the agents' new suit in progress, but it still made Oona a bit nervous. It took her awhile to get used to the benefits her lab coat already provided, such as turning different colors or getting thicker or thinner for weather changes. She even adapted to how tugging on her green bowtie could transform her into a box, although it was impossible to change back on her own without arms.

"Thanks," she hesitantly spoke.

"I will be right back with your new lab coat," O'Q promised before walking off.

The frazzled scientist began flipping through the book, getting nervous when she saw that one of the options gave you a blow torch.

"Right-O. Here is your new lab coat."

Oona managed to slip her old lab coat off, before he helped her into her new one. She couldn't help but blush faintly when she realized how close they were.

"You'll see it is quite comfortable," O'Q commented, straightening out the fabric before stepping back. "It suits you. Sorry, pardon the pun."

Oona bit her lower lip as she prevented herself from laughing. That sounded just like a joke she might make up, and it made her heart flutter that O'Q had been thinking similar thoughts.

As soon as he was there, he was gliding off. She felt a little bit sad and empty without him around. It got kind of lonely being in the lab all by herself the majority of the time.

Weeks passed and a familiar face visited her once again. "How is your new lab coat coming along?"

"Great! I really think I've gotten the hang..." Just then Oona accidentally did the option that made the blow torch shoot out fire. O'Q narrowly ducked just in time to avoid getting his hair singed. "I'm so sorry! I knew I couldn't handle this!" She cautiously threw her lab coat onto the ground before running out of there, gripping her suspenders as tears ran down her face.

As she sat on the steps of city hall, she never dreamed someone would follow her so far from the squad, but he did.

"Oona? What happened back there? You gave me quite a scare," O'Q told her, sitting next to her.

"Of course I did! I mean, who wouldn't be scared of shooting fire," exclaimed Oona.

"No, well, yes, of course, but what I meant was I was worried about they way you just suddenly ran out. Is everything all right?"

Oona silently shook her head, looking down at her lap as the gentle breeze rustled her hair. "I can't handle the new lab coat. I thought maybe I could, but I'm just the same, clumsy, old Oona, and nothing can change that."

"Sh..." O'Q softly put his finger against her lips to shush her before continuing, "Nonsense. You just had a little mishap with the blow torch feature. Perhaps, I should remove it. It's proved to be a safety hazard, just as my mistake with the ejection option for the agents' new suit."

Oona looked over at him, a weak smile on her face. "No, it's just me. I ruin everything." She didn't know what prompted her to be so open with him, but here she was, showing her deepest fear of how her clumsiness could cause trouble.

"That is far from the truth." He looked directly into her eyes as his squinted slightly from the sun. "Oona, you are such a gifted scientist. The squad could not run without your work. You just simply need to believe in yourself more."

"But it's not that simple," Oona interjected.

"It is for me. I believe in you, Oona. From the moment I met you, I could tell you were a hard worker, beautiful, warm, and if I'm being completely honest, I quite fancy you."

"Fancy me," Oona repeated, not recognizing the British term.

"What I mean to say is, I like you, Oona, a lot."

"I like you too." A small smile spread across Oona's lips as she gazed over at him.

"So, shall we head on back to headquarters," he asked, standing up with his hand held out for hers. She happily took it, not even caring when she stumbled upon standing.

"Yeah," she agreed, her joy written plainly on her face.

As they headed towards the nearest tube entrance, O'Q suddenly spoke up again. "Would you like to go with me to the Odd Squad dance?"

"But I don't have a dress, and the dance is tomorrow," the female scientist emphasized.

O'Q merely smiled though as he reacted, "Not to worry. I can assure you, you will be the best dressed there. What is your favorite color?"

"Green," Oona automatically replied.

"Right then. I will start working on your gown straight away."

Oona felt like Cinderella, and even though O'Q wasn't born into royalty, she felt that she was going to the ball with her prince of England.

A/N: Hey guys, this pairing was requested by BryanSanchez639 . I hope you enjoyed it. :) I just wanted to let you guys know that I might be taking a bit of a break from writing for Odd Squad. It might only be for a week or so, or I might just start updating less often, I'm not sure yet. I still have loads of ideas for one shots all the time, just not the passion to write for them. I hope you'll understand. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you enjoyed this one shot. Thanks! <3