Home (Otis x Oona)

(Otis x Oona)

"I call it the Boat-Inator," Oona proudly announced in her lab one afternoon.

"Does it make boats," Ohlm wondered, being right for once. Last week he had guessed that the Noodle-Inator made floating noodles for pools, but that was understandable. The problem was the time that he didn't realize a Black Hole-Inator created an actual, black hole. He thought it was just one normally found in the ground.

"Yep," Oona positively smiled.

"I got it right," asked Ohlm, grinning from ear to ear. Oona's simple nod was enough for him to feel warm inside. (I promise this is an Otis x Oona ship. I was just asking myself, when did this become an Ohlm x Oona ship? I'm tired, but I'mma leave it in, 'cause I find it funny. I assure you the rest will be more Otis x Oona oriented.)

"So, who gets to try it first," Olympia wondered, already smiling with excitement.

"I have a plan... I'll shuffle the names I have on my computer, and whichever one is first, wins. None of that old school stuff. We're going new school," Oona explained, proudly letting the sorting process begin.

Everyone gathered around the lab anxiously watched the letters scrambling around, some of them were practically bouncing on their heels. Just then everything stopped, including the agents' who had all held their breath in shock, their mouths gaping open. It had chosen none other than, Agent Otis.

"Why me," Otis wondered, not thrilled with the thought of being stuck on an experimental boat.

"Don't worry, Otis. What could go wrong," Oona asked, tugging on her lab coat with one hand, as she looked up at the ceiling for a moment. She never should have asked that rhetorical question.

"It seems safe enough," Otis commented, the sails cast, and Oona up front with the circular steer.

"Now, let's set off," called out Oona.

"Wait, what? I thought we were just going to float around the harbor," Otis spoke.

"We're going where no agent has ever gone before," Oona shared dramatically at first. "Well, actually there was this one time... Nevermind. Well, I guess I'm doing this now."

"But where are we going," Otis questioned desperatelyl as Oona swung the vessel a little too hard to one side. He had even fallen against the railing, his arms draped over it.

"The Gulf of Mexico," Oona told him.

"But isn't that where hurricanes and storms form?" Otis did not feel confident about this decision.

"What are the chances that will be today? Besides, the last hurricane I heard about was a month or two ago."

Otis struggled to nod his head, still feeling like something was bound to go wrong.

His worst nightmares came true, when the gusty breeze turned into something far more ferocious.

"Otis! Secure the sails! Put them down so they don't get torn," ordered Oona above the howling wind.

The rain was pouring down upon them in a slanted direction, and the sky was almost black. There even seemed to be a looming twister in the distance.

"Oona! I don't think lowering the sails will help! We should find a way to get out of here," yelled Otis, already drenched by the unforgiving weather.