I Don't Think I'm Ready For This (Dr. O x Oscar)

(Dr. O x Oscar)

"I don't think I'm ready for this," exclaimed Oscar as him and his recent partner, Dr. O ran from a giant laser chicken. 

The creature was getting dangerously close, and its red laser was making the ground explode behind them. 

"I think you just found your new catchphrase," Dr. O admitted loudly back. 

Just then they both were yelling out when they suddenly fell into some sort of hole. 

"Hold onto me! I'm a doctor," Dr. O called, which Oscar didn't hesitate to do.

"Flashing lights, and we made a wrong turn, and we fell down a rabbit hole...

You held on tight to me, cause nothing's as it seems

And spinning out of control"

Oscar wrapped his arms securely around Dr. O, her face heating up as she felt sparks she had never noticed before. It then felt as though they were falling in slow motion down the straight up and down tunnel, with odd pieces of furniture passing by their eyes. A piano even almost hit them square in the face, but then drifted away like the rest.

"Didn't they tell us don't rush into things?

Didn't you flash your brown eyes at me?

Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?

Didn't it all seem new and exciting?

I felt your arms twistin' around me

I should have slept with one eye open at night"

Just then the air breezing past them stopped, and they had fallen onto a floor? Except Oscar's hair was standing straight up, and Dr. O's wasn't moving, since she always tied it up into a fancy do. Just then they fell onto the real floor, realizing they had just landed on the ceiling before somehow. The ground beneath them had a black, red, and white diamond design, and they were greeted with a round table in the middle of the room. 

"It says, drink me," Oscar awkwardly read from a tiny, glass bottle on the table. 

"Let me check it first. I'm a doctor," Dr. O cut in, coughing horribly after she took a sip of the liquid. 

"I have no idea what's in that," she confessed just as she began shrinking. 

"Dr. O! What happened," yelled Oscar, frantically spinning around to find her. 

A chipmunk-like voice responded as loud as they could, "Over here! There's a door! I believe the key on the table is how we get through!" 

Oscar eventually spotted the miniature key on the table, and grabbed it, before growing smaller himself from the peculiar drink. 

"Quick! I think this door might be the way out," Dr. O reacted, Oscar rushing as fast as he could towards the square of wood. 

After it was unlocked, they were both in awe by the brilliant, lush world before them, and as they walked forward, the door gradually shut behind them, trapping them in the strangest world. 

"Curiouser, and curiouser," Dr. O said as she gazed around. 

"What," Oscar wondered, confused by her out of character speech. 

"I just thought it was something I should say," she nodded seriously to him, back to her old self already. 

"Uh, how are we supposed to get back," Oscar questioned, tugging on his lab coat due to nerves worse than ever.