Your Love's Like (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Olympia had never taken Odd Squad less for granted, since the previous member, Agent Om, had taken over with his Weird Team made up of adults. As soon as they saved the world, and she was officially working there again, she was determined to not have a single regret. She had signed up for practically every club, and even though she was stretching herself too thin, she would never admit it. Otis caught on to how she was extra tired though, and was disappointed by how they got to hang out even less than before. The only times they would see each other would be for cases, and she did her paperwork in absolute silence now. Used to, she would be so on top of it that she would babble, while Otis struggled to get his done. He missed those moments, even when it almost cost them not getting an award for solving so many cases, since his paperwork was incomplete. 

"Otis! Otis! Guess what," exclaimed Olympia, as she bounded up to him. 

He was surprised she even had the time to talk to him. 

"Yeah," he hesitantly asked, as he sat at his desk. 

"I just got accepted into the Odd Squad choir," she squealed, enunciating every syllable of her speech. 

"That's great," he weakly smiled. 

"I know! Now you can't say that I never joined the Odd Squad choir, and that's the last thing on my list of regrets," she pointed out in a raised volume. 

Otis awkwardly smiled again, dreading the thought of her having yet more things to do. He would support her through thick and thin though. Soon it was time for her first choir recital, and he was in the front row of the fold out chairs in the main part of headquarters. There was a wooden platform in front of them, for the group to perform on. During the show, he bobbed his head occasionally, and smiled widely at Olympia when she did the same to him with a big wave. She looked so much in her element as she danced around and sang her heart out. Just then though, it was announced that a few people had special solos. Otis was impressed by the first boy who rapped, and even the second girl who somehow knew opera. He wasn't prepared though for the final, mystery performer... 

"And now... Agent Olympia will perform, "Your Love's Like," by Sabrina Carpenter," the announcer boomed over the speakers. 

Otis held his breath as the room darkened and a single, large circle for a spotlight hovered over his partner. 

"Hi, I'm Olympia, and before I sing this song. I would like to dedicate this to my best partner, slash one of my best friends ever, Agent Otis," she shouted, Otis blushing in the darkness as people started trying to see where he was. 

Thankfully he was in the front row, so it wasn't like he was in the middle, but he could feel all eyes on him, and hear murmured whispers. Just then the upbeat melody began flowing through the speakers, and Otis held his breath as Olympia commenced with singing.

"Sometimes life gets bitter

I get strung out, caught in the middle

And I can't breathe

I just need a little taste of paradise

I know a place I can escape to

Where I go, troubles never break through

The grass is greener, my head is clearer

I got peace of mind when I fall into your eyes"

It was strange how Otis was experiencing flashbacks, as the meaningful lyrics rang through his brain. He was remembering their first day, and how Olympia was determined to give up, but he wouldn't let her. He even cheered her up when she was beating herself up for almost not sticking to the mission.