Total Sense (Obfusco x Orchid)

(Obfusco x Orchid)

"He better not come back empty handed." Orchid was currently complaining to the tube operator, O'Malley. Ohlm had run off to grab them some snacks, before they headed off on their case.

"I came back empty handed," Ohlm stated, walking up to her.

"Why?!" Orchid was so furious that her nostrils were even flaring.

"It's not my fault your order was all wrong," Ohlm claimed.

"My order was perfect!"

She was soon interrupted though by their boss popping up out of nowhere.

"Hey guys, sorry, but I just realized your badges are expired," Ms. O shared.

She then held out her hand, grasping Ohlm's badge that he gave her. She bit on the edge of it. "Yep, definitely expired. You'll have to retake the Odd Squad test to get your new badges."

"Seriously?! Ms. O! We already had to deal with almost getting kicked off the squad before, and now we have to retake our O test," exclaimed Orchid.

"I'm sorry, but if you passed it the first time, then you should be able to pass it again." Ms. O hesitated to say that last bit, as she glanced at Ohlm.

Orchid shook her head some as she crossed her arms, sighing, "Fine. Where's the Sherman that will be giving us the test?"

"Right here," a familiar voice stated. In the background there was a distant voice whispering, "Obfusco."

Most agents would yell about how it was impossible to pass with Obfusco in charge, but Orchid only grinned a little in response.

Ohlm was so confused. He couldn't remember who Obfusco was again. "Hey Ohlm," he greeted, accidentally using his real name.

"Hello, my gorgeous ham sandwiches. It's Obfusco," the boy told them with a bit of jazz hands.

"Good luck, agents," spoke Ms. O. She looked at them, before awkwardly slinking away, their stale badge phones in her hands.

Orchid's eyes were actually lit up as she gazed at the boy before her. She would never admit it, but she had missed having him around, and she found his confusing phrases genius rather than crazy.

"For the first task, you will need to say all of the agents' names in alphabetical order. Also, my sock can sing opera," Obfusco informed them, a faint voice being muffled by his shoes as it sang.

"Whatever you say, Sherman," Orchid agreed.

Her partner looked over at her in disbelief. She had never listened to authority that well before.

Orchid sighed as she began with Ohlm, "Oasha."

"Oba," Ohlm said.

Orchid turned to him in disbelief, but also really mad, her hands on her hips. "Seriously? Sherman, there are so many more O's with A's!"

"I thought we were supposed to be saying one name, with the next letter of the alphabet in order," he admitted.

Orchid sighed loudly in frustration. "Great. Now we've probably already flunked our O test!"

"Fear not, for I, Obfusco, will give you another chance, just like flamingoes building sandcastles in the ocean... during New Year's," Obfusco said.

Orchid shook her head a little before starting over, Ohlm finally not messing up that time.

Soon it was time for them to go swimming through the ball pit. Ohlm might have looked as though he was going to flail out at any time, but he managed to pass that portion too.

Finally they were faced with the challenge of choosing the right gadget, to turn Ohlm back into a person. Obfusco had zapped him into pudding with no warning.

Even if he got on her nerves, Orchid couldn't bear to not rescue her partner, even if it was a deciding factor on if they passed.

In the blink of an eye she had worked out the antidote gadget, and Obfusco was impressed by her short time.

Ohlm was back to normal, and it was time to leave. It wasn't surprising when he accidentally left the Math Room they were in, before Obfusco could officially announce their win.

"You can tell your partner that you both have won, and that you should always reach higher than the moon, but lower than the ocean, and inside there is a tiny violin playing in a balloon of everlasting happiness," Obfusco told her.

"Seriously, Sherman? I know that you're confusing, but you don't act like we haven't seen each other in over a year," she observed.

"To say that would be telling you, that when I parted from this Odd Squad, I was like a flower floating in space on a lifeboat... in a black hole in Africa."

Orchid shook her head some. "Listen, Sherman. As much as I hate to say this out loud, I missed you. You're the best agent on the squad!"

"No, you're the best agent on the squad," he yelled back.

"No, you are!" Her voice could have rattled the Math Room's walls, with how loud she shouted.

This fight went on for about fifty rounds, before they both gave up at the same time.

"Since when do you call me, Sherman, which reminds me, I've never told you about the time I mud wrestled a kangaroo..." Obfusco's speech was cut short though when she quickly kissed his cheek. She had no idea what prompted her to do it, but she couldn't stand the idea of him leaving, and her never getting do that.

Obfusco's cheeks flushed a carnation pink, while Orchid just stared directly at him, not saying a word.

"That was better than spinning with roosters on Mars, while playing jazz music, with our feet..." He couldn't help but stay confusing, as he tried to find the words to say.

Without a second thought, he stared at her before quickly leaning forward and kissing her cheek. She then did the same only with the opposite side of his face from before, him mirroring her actions.

This went on for awhile, as they were basically seeing who would mess up the pattern, or stop first.

Finally Obfusco gently kissed her forehead, ceasing the mini war.

"I'm going to be traveling the world, from the palace in Britain to the Great Wall of China. I shall be back... tomorrow," Obfusco informed her.

"Hey, I've never traveled the world," Orchid mentioned.

"Would you like to join me, Orchid?" He was doing his best to ask her normally, especially since he feared her answer.

Orchid made face as she sassily replied, "Not if you ask that way. I only want to travel the world on cabbages with dinosaur clouds... during summer."

"Ah, your 'Obfusco' speech is coming along nicely," he complimented with a slight smile.

"Well, I did learn from the best agent," she commented, both of them shooting one another knowing looks, until...

"No, you're the best agent," he protested.

Their fight had started up again, even transferring to their one day trip around the world, but to them, it wasn't confusing at all, it made total sense.

A/N: Hey guys, this pairing was requested by, Padamelon . I hope you enjoyed it. (: I was a little nervous to write about Obfusco, since I wasn't sure if I could capture his confusing personality. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you enjoyed this one shot. Thanks! <3