Official (Oscar x Oona)

(Oscar x Oona)

"Oscar! Quick! It's an emergency," shouted Oona. 

She had just contacted the busy scientist from his place at the scientists' official headquarters. 

"What is it, Oona? What's the emergency," he wondered as he skidded into view. 

He instantly grabbed onto his lab coat afterward, tugging on it nervously. 

"I wanted to show you my new invention," she announced. 

Oscar sighed in relief as he asked, "So, that's it?" 

In that split second though, Oona was thinking, No, I like you too, but I can never tell you that, so I thought of another excuse to get your attention. 

"Yes! But it's very important. It can serve food or drinks. You name it," she proudly shared. 

Oscar looked down at the little machine that rolled across the floor to his feet. It had a bowl full of carrots on it. 

"Actually, I'm not really hungry, I just ate," he admitted. 

"Oh," Oona stated, failing at hiding her disappointment. 

"Actually I'll have a few," he cut in, noticing how upset she seemed. 

Oona's face instantly lit up as he munched loudly on the healthy snack. 

"Mmm... did these come from your Oona bot," he questioned, as he squinted one of his eyes closed in thought. 

"Why yes! I never go to the store to buy them," Oona informed him. 

"But wait, didn't you tell me that you destroyed that Oona bot when you helped out Ocean once," Oscar suddenly recalled. 

"Yes, but I made a brand new Oona bot," she happily told him. 

The scientist smiled slightly as he chewed another mini carrot. Oona couldn't help but smile a little herself, feeling warm inside that her old boss was back, and how well their conversation was going. 

"So, speaking of vegetables. I, uh, need to teach you how to do an updated version of this Odd Squad training video," Oscar said. 

"Sure thing, boss," Oona nodded eagerly. 

When his face lit up, that made her feel even happier than before.

The next day, Oscar set up everything in the break room for the infamous video he had created a couple of years, or so before. 

"Okay, we should be ready as soon as Oona gets here," Oscar informed the boy sitting at the table. 

The boy had short, blondish/brown hair, and had also been in the original video. 

"Ah, there she is," Oscar commented, tugging on his lab coat as Oona came into view. 

"What do you want me to do, boss," she asked, ready for anything, or so she thought. 

"Okay, so all you have to do is read these signs," Oscar explained, gesturing to the huge, white squares with big, black words neatly written across them. 

"Got it, boss," Oona nodded seriously. 

There was a separate agent taking care of the camera equipment. 

"Howdy do, agents! We're in the break room, and this agent needs me to zap him 10 heads of lettuce," she hesitantly trailed off. 

She went on with it though as she took out a gadget.