Secrets (Ms. O x Otis)

(Ms. O x Otis)

Even she didn't understand how it had happened, or the reasoning behind these newfound feelings. They were wrong. It was ludicrous! Yet, it was exactly how she felt...

"Thanks for noticing my new scarf," Ms. O told Otis and Olympia, as she walked up to the two agents. 

They then admitted that they hadn't, which caused Ms. O to state, "I think I've proven my point." 

She then proceeded with explaining how they had solved so many cases, that they were eligible to win agents of the month. Olympia instantly started jumping up and down excitedly, while managing to high five Otis at the same time. Ms. O smiled weakly as she studied their relationship. It would be so easy if they wanted to be together, no confused rumors, no... She then realized she had been standing there too long, so she left, her heart aching worse than ever before. She had hoped with all her might that Otis would have at least noticed her new, purple scarf, but he didn't, and he would never see the way she hid the sparkle that wanted to enter her eye whenever he was around. She waited impatiently all day for the pair to turn their paperwork in, and she couldn't help but remind Otis again. He appeared to be... tracing a gadget? She didn't bother to question it, and later on she found out that Baby Orson had given Otis a rough time, since the younger agent wanted to win the award instead. Ms. O was proud to present the duo with their trophy, but shortly after, the sadness swept over her again. 

"Hey, Ms. O. Is something wrong...," Otis hesitantly asked. 

"Nothing's wrong, thanks," Ms. O yelled back, causing him to jerk his head back slightly from how loud she was. 

She sighed as she walked away, stomping any ounce of hope she had left for this to work out.

It was several weeks, possibly months later, and there was a new problem at the squad. The X's had decided that they were shutting down headquarters, unless the squad was able to fix their budget. 

They needed to save money, so Ms. O insisted, "Yes! I can go without juice for a day!" 

That brief flicker of shock and sadness in those crystal blue eyes, made Ms. O pause for a moment. Could he... before she could even finish her train of thought, Olympia and Otis were scrambling about headquarters, to lower the amount of money everyone was currently spending all together. Ms. O sighed as she struggled to not drink any juice, even shouting to Oona for some, but the scientist couldn't hear her as she rode on an exercise bike, with massive headphones on. Finally Olympia threw a juice box to Ms. O, and she felt all better. Even her wild hair was back into its sleek, neat bun. After all the chaos was over, and Odd Squad was not getting shut down, Ms. O picked up her phone to make a much needed Shmumber's juice box delivery. 

"Yes, my usual hundred. Thank you," she promptly thanked them before hanging up. 

Just then a familiar person walked into her office, and her brown eyes were now lifeless from the hidden pain he caused her. 

"What do you want," she demanded, putting up her not surprising, serious act. 

"I came to tell you that your juice box order has arrived," the blonde-haired boy informed her. 

His arms were locked behind his back, and his scrunched eyebrows made him appear more serious than even her. Ms. O sighed, realizing that it had slipped her mind about the order she had made that morning.