Obvious (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Otis was sitting anxiously in a small diner, as he awaited Olympia's call. They were on a mission to find out what Puppy Master's latest evil plan was. It seemed that she always discussed her schemes in this same diner with her sidekick, a knight in grey armor. He almost jumped when his badge phone began vibrating, silently taking it out of his pocket. He had used the Face Replace-Inator to have a different look, and was also wearing casual clothes versus his usual uniform.

"Hello," he asked quietly, doing his best to mask his voice.

"Odd soup. I repeat, odd soup," Olympia spoke before hanging up.

"Odd soup," he echoed, completely confused.

His eyes just then noticed the waitress was coming back with food? He hadn't ordered any food, just a small coffee.

"Your order, sir," the lady said, gently placing the steaming bowl in front of him.

"I didn't order any-"

He got cut off though by her adding, "It's on the house."

Otis slightly nodded his head before shaking it a little, just picking up his spoon and going with it. Before he could even get a morsel of the creamy liquid, he was accidentally yelling out, his spoon clattering to the ground.

"Ms. O, what are you doing in there," he whispered, grateful that the Puppy Master was late.

"I'm everywhere! Now get back to work," she shouted, him more puzzled than ever before.

"Oh, also, Olympia wanted me to tell you that Puppy Master is on her way. She should be there..."

Otis suddenly turned when there was a soft chime from the bell above the door.

"Now," Ms. O finished, him retrieving the spoon from the ground, and putting it into his food without a second thought. Her reflection rippled away.

He was so busy focusing on what Puppy Master might be up to, that he had forgotten his boss was even talking to him.

When he heard the evil plot it was worse than he could have ever imagined, and he ended up darting out of the restaurant to save the day.

He saw Olympia hiding in some bushes, but she was close to the camouflage ray, and the Puppy Master was using that to turn the entire world into puppies for forever, and then to finish it off, she would do the same to herself and her minions.

"Olympia! No!" He ran, feeling that time was slowing down everything. His legs felt like lead, and his feet seemed to ache every time they hit the pavement of the parking lot. Just as the ray was about to blast her, he managed to punch in the correct shutoff code, that Puppy Master had revealed in the diner. It was 2,4,6,8,9, purposely not exactly a pattern to throw Odd Squad off.

"Olympia! Are you okay," he asked falling to his knees beside her.

"Yeah. What was that," she wondered, glancing back at the massive machine. "I can't believe I missed that."

"I'm so glad that you're okay," Otis expressed, his face full of great concern/relief.

Without a second thought, Otis had reached forward and kissed her on impulse. His hands carefully caressed her face, while the kiss only lasted for a couple of seconds. After they pulled away, both of their eyes widened, but soon they were jerking their heads up when they heard a familiar voice.

"Good work, agents! Puppy Master hasn't won this time, and we will be escorting her to the Odd Squad jail," announced Ms. O.

Otis and Olympia were both holding their heads though. They had bad headaches, since their heads had collided when their boss yelled.