The Real Me (Oksana x Otis)

(Oksana x Otis)

Oksana and Otis were two agents that rarely, if ever, crossed paths. Mainly because he was intimidated by her along with everyone else on the squad, except for maybe Ms. O. The odds weren't looking good with her either though, since she feared Oksana that time she tried to pretend to be meeting her demands. 

"I don't know why Otis never notices me," Oksana spoke to Olympia one day. 

The cheery redhead had offered to help her wash dishes, which made her Oksana's new favorite person. 

"Uh... it could be because you're always so serious," Olympia pointed out. 

"Otis is serious. What's the difference," Oksana wondered, as she scrubbed a yellow plate with a pink sponge. 

"Well... you're a different kind of serious," Olympia reluctantly replied. 

"What do you mean? Different kind of serious," Oksana inquired, now not liking her too much. 

"Well, you're always so intimidating, and you don't show much emotion," Olympia dreaded to confess. 

"Otis doesn't have much emotion," Oksana countered. 

"Yes, but... that's different," Olympia said. 

"Clearly, we have different ideas on what's considered good serious and bad serious," Oksana stated. 

She then added darkly, "Get out of my kitchen." 

Olympia didn't need to be asked twice, before she scampered out of there, Oksana sighing when Otis started walking towards the break room, before turning his head as his feet followed. Oksana sighed as her usual, hard expression softened, and her eyes followed the agent across the floor. Maybe Olympia knew a thing or too after all. He was her partner. 

"Hold up," Oksana ordered to Olympia, in her same mono-tone voice. 

"Teach me how to not be this bad serious. I want Otis to like me," Oksana confessed. 

Olympia held back her great excitement on helping out a fellow agent. 

"Come on," she encouraged, leading Oksana over to her desk. 

Thankfully Otis was busy in a different part of headquarters at the moment. It took awhile, but Olympia finally taught Oksana to react more to things, and not be so scary. The real test was the next day, when she would finally show Otis the new her.

"Hello, Otis," Oksana greeted, forgetting to smile or anything already. 

"What do you want, Oksana," Otis wondered seriously, situating his arms behind his back. 

He worried she could smell his fear. 

"I wanted to ask if you would like a muffin. It's made of pudding...," she added on the end. 

"How can it be made of pudding," Otis questioned. 

"Almost everything's made out of pudding here at Odd Squad, you silly goose," she teased, ruffling his hair. 

Otis was more terrified of this Oksana than the old one. 

"Okay...," he hesitantly agreed. 

Soon they were alone in the break room, and Oksana had presented him with a light brown muffin, which indeed had pudding all throughout the center. 

"Thanks, Oksana," Otis told her, turning to leave as he ate the food. 

"Wait," Oksana called, reaching her hand forward.