Happy Thanksgiving (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

There was one thing that was certain, everyone was aware that Olympia's favorite holiday was Thanksgiving.

"Look, partner! More leaves!" Olympia opened her arms up wide as the various colors fluttered to the floor.

"More leaves," asked Otis, scrunching his face up slightly in disbelief. "You know, Ms. O won't be happy if she sees those everywhere."

"That's why I'm making a real leaf garland! It's going to go all around headquarters! Even in the Hall of Doors.."

"But the Hall of Doors is always changing," Otis reminded her.

"Exactly! I'm going to need more leaves!"

"What about our case," Otis asked.

"What about our case," Olympia questioned.

"We need to solve this, partner. There's only a day left until Thanksgiving. If we don't solve it soon, then we might not get the day off," he said, sounding more like her nowadays.

"That's crazy talk. Of course we'll get it done, Otis! But this is important too. And it's not like I didn't get all of my paperwork done."

Otis sighed some in defeat. "Fine, but make sure you're back here in an hour."

"You are the best," she emphasized, her voice higher from happiness. She gave him a quick hug, before bounding off, Otis's face as red as the Autumn colors beneath his feet.

It was two hours later, and Olympia finally arrived with three huge sacks.

"Where were you," wondered Otis, throwing his arms out some. He couldn't believe that Olympia of all people had been slacking off on her work.

"Don't worry, Otis. I came back just in time. See, it's been exactly on hour." She proudly showed the fancy watch on her wrist.

"Olympia... The time changed last weekend," Otis observed.

"Yeah, so?" She was not catching on.

"So... Your clock's wrong, and besides, you're still two hours late."

Olympia's eyes widened as she stared down at the incorrect numbers. "You're right! I'm so sorry, Otis! Time just got away from me. I found the best leaves in town, and then..."

"Forget it. The night shift will arrive any minute anyway," Otis responded.

"Otis!" Olympia watched as her partner strode away. An idea just then hit her though, she decided she would work all night to put the decorations up early. That way, she would have an entire day to work on their current case, and truly make it up to Otis. Working amongst the night shift proved farther than difficult, it was nearly impossible! Every time she put up a strand, another problem would occur.

"What are you doing?!" She had just spotted Mr. O taking down the string of bright colors.

"Fire hazard," he replied.

"But they're not on the floor," she pointed out.

"They're near the lights on the ceiling. Don't put decorations near the lights. They could get too warm and catch fire."

"Has anything like that actually happened?" Olympia held her hands down and out at her sides as she remained frozen in shock.

"Well, no...," Mr. O hesitated to say.

"I'm putting them back up then, and this time I'll put them a little lower to the ceiling," Olympia shared.

"Can I help," Mr. O requested, surprising her.